“A neighborhood favorite”

Neighbourhood: Squirrel Hill South
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“A neighborhood favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

This restaurant is our favorite neighborhood choice for lunch or dinner. The service is friendly and quick and the menu quite varied, the food is delicious - it doesn't matter what you order, it will be just what you'd hoped. It is always full, and although they don't take reservations, it's worth the wait.

• Visited November 2012

Charlottesville, Virginia
“Nice "Hometown" Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

A friend and I were in Pittsburgh on business. We were walking around Squirrel Hill, when we decided to go into Murray Avenue Grill for dinner. This place looked like one that the locals enjoyed, but it wasn't some kind of trashy dive. It was a nice, casual place--a little small on the inside from my perspective sitting toward the patio area (which by the way, seemed like a nice place to dine as well). My friend and I ended up having soup and salad for dinner. The french onion soup was the best that I've had in awhile. I had their Chef's Special of the evening, which was a hickory smoked chicken breast over salad greens, complemented by peaches, berries, and almonds. I'm normally not a salad for dinner type of girl but this salad was amazing and I was really full when I left. The service was friendly but not overwhelming, which I prefer. I thought it would be a great place for a casual dinner, and they even have TVs at the bar, if you're interested in catching a sporting event. The people in Pittsburgh love their city sports! I'd definitely give this place a try, if you're in the area and want something other than the Asian variety places that pepper the storefronts of Squirrel Hill.

• Visited August 2012
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“not bad but not great”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2008

not bad but not great

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Not really a memorable menu or dining experience.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2007

Not really a memorable menu or dining experience.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook