“Great little place”

Neighbourhood: Squirrel Hill South
Neighbourhood: Squirrel Hill South
“Great little place”
Reviewed 13 March 2013

My wife and I went there for dinner on this past Saturday night for the first time and we were both very pleased. The food was wonderful, because it seemed everything was fresh made. We were hard pressed to find something that was frozen. Great beer and wine selection as well. The decor was clean, warm, and inviting. Either the owner or manager, Mark, was working the door and seemed to know everybody. It made us want to come back for more and more!

• Visited March 2013

“Small, spot on place”
Reviewed 8 March 2013

We went to the Grill on a weeknight and it was really packed.Although we were told we'd to wait for at least 15 minutes, after just 5 minutes our table was ready. The service was great and we felt really comfortable. The mixed starter platter did not really convince us, since it was all fried but it wasn't fatty or soggy, it was still very tasty. For mains we had the Pittsburgh burger and salad with almonds, orange, dried cranberry and grilled chicken and a sweet and smoky dressing. We loved both the mains. The drinks were also nice and refills on my diet coke were free. For my taste it had just too much ice, as I don't like my drinks too cold.

• Visited March 2013
“A neighborhood favorite”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

This restaurant is our favorite neighborhood choice for lunch or dinner. The service is friendly and quick and the menu quite varied, the food is delicious - it doesn't matter what you order, it will be just what you'd hoped. It is always full, and although they don't take reservations, it's worth the wait.

• Visited November 2012
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Nice "Hometown" Place”
Reviewed 9 August 2012

A friend and I were in Pittsburgh on business. We were walking around Squirrel Hill, when we decided to go into Murray Avenue Grill for dinner. This place looked like one that the locals enjoyed, but it wasn't some kind of trashy dive. It was a nice, casual place--a little small on the inside from my perspective sitting toward the patio area (which by the way, seemed like a nice place to dine as well). My friend and I ended up having soup and salad for dinner. The french onion soup was the best that I've had in awhile. I had their Chef's Special of the evening, which was a hickory smoked chicken breast over salad greens, complemented by peaches, berries, and almonds. I'm normally not a salad for dinner type of girl but this salad was amazing and I was really full when I left. The service was friendly but not overwhelming, which I prefer. I thought it would be a great place for a casual dinner, and they even have TVs at the bar, if you're interested in catching a sporting event. The people in Pittsburgh love their city sports! I'd definitely give this place a try, if you're in the area and want something other than the Asian variety places that pepper the storefronts of Squirrel Hill.

• Visited August 2012