“convenient location, good food and beer”
Review of BZ 's Bar & Grill - CLOSED

BZ 's Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We visited BZ's after a Pirates game. It's across the street. The staff was friendly. The beer selection was good. I Dogfish 60 minute bottles. The menu is not your usually bar and pub food. They did have sandwiches and things like that but definitely more inventive. I had a delicious shrimp po' boy which had pickled cucumbers on it and a remoulade sauce. The fries it came with were well seasoned and very good. The front of the bar is open to the outside. It's a nice atmosphere at night. I'd definitely eat here again.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Had the Texas Brisket sandwich. Bread was 4x the amount of meat. Tasted good (unique addition of chinese mustard) but very light on the meat. Also had the monday night special Mac n' cheese with an addition of Chorizo. Cannot beat the $5 + $2 add on. Was not quite as cheesy as I expected. Portion was a little light if this was same as regular menu, but as special it was OK. They have about 20 beers on tap as well as others and a lot of screens.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stopped in after a game at PNC (right across the street). It happened to be on a Monday night where they have Mac n Mondays ($5 mac n cheese with a variety of toppings you can add for only $1-$2.) The food and drinks were great. It was a bit loud at our table, which was right next to a speaker, but I would definitely recommend this place, especially before or after a ball game.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Great place before a game. Wife and I came here before a Sunday game and was pleasantly surprised. We sat outside on the sidewalk and it was a nice atmosphere. They were serving brunch and a full menu. My wife ordered off the brunch menu and I got the shrimp po boy. I got to New Orleans about 4 times a year and this po boy rivals any I've ever eaten and they are not shy with the shrimp. I recommend trying it out.

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Across the street from PNC Park in Pittsburgh is this terrific restaurant and bar. We had a late lunch there before a night game and it was very good. The service was attentive, the food good, and the beer selection was great ! We had a good meal at a reasonable price and gad plenty if time to explore the area before the game . BZ's is worth a visit when in Pittsburgh!