“Wonderful breakfast”
Review of Terrace Room

Terrace Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Terrace Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #63 of 2,209 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: 6th Avenue
Transit: The "T" Light Rail system located on Grant Street across from the Restaurant @ Steel Plaza Station. Port Authority Transit Bus Stop located on Oliver Avenue and 6th Avenue next to hotel.
Description: Terrace Room offers a setting unlike any other. From the moment you step foot inside, you are captivated by the beauty of this incredible restaurant, with its original molded plaster ceiling, sweeping mahogany arches and the striking back wall mural titled “The Taking of Fort Pitt.” The original name of the restaurant when the hotel opened on March 9, 1916, was “The Italian Terrace.” Historic photographs of the room adorn the walls upon entry for your enjoyment. What is truly special about the Terrace Room however, is not limited to the ambiance or beauty of the room, but the culinary delights that are served within. Our culinary team takes fresh, natural, local ingredients and fuses them into many creative dishes that inspire the palate and envelope the senses in an unmatched dining experience. Our exciting offerings for Sunday Brunch are inviting as well as tasteful. The Terrace Room is located off of the elegant main lobby of Omni William Penn Hotel.
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We ate breakfast here twice during our stay and the buffet is amazing. Just about anything you could want, and all of it top notch. A must if you stay here.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Because I was at meetings, I had to eat here twice. Both times I waited over an hour for full service, did not receive refills on water or tea, and repeatedly requested my bill to no avail.
The food was fair, though limited choices. Not up to the level of a hotel like this. Go elsewhere.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Awesome looking dining room. Very fancy but you can be very casual too. Dined alone which was fine. Server was so nice. Had the breakfast buffet, nothing to brag about just typical. If the food was a knockout then i'd rate it higher. Will definitely go back and have dinner, menu looked amazing.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I had the buffet breakfest here on a Saturday morning. The room is magnificent. The young woman at the host stand seemed disconnected and confused. Our waiter was fine. The buffet was not refreshed very frequenly and somewhat limited compaired to what I would espect in a hotel of this class. Overall it was a satisfactory experience, but I would probably just gab something at one of the quick service restaurants in the lobby. I think the value was a bit lacking. It wouldn't take much to correct the situation.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

The last time we ate here... a couple of years ago... it was a 10! Now... maybe a 2! The staff was very friendly and service oriented. It's not their fault the food was bad, was it? the ham and bean soup was very good and it was served hot (a pet peeve of mine). The aveline salads were good! My wife ordered the rib-eye... medium... It was dry and tough and it looked like it was re-heated or something, the lyonnaise potatoes were also dry! I ordered the red snapper with a pastina risotto. the portion was large but the fish was very dry and crusty and almost hard to chew and swallow! The desert was ok... some sort of dark chocolate, raspberry thing and the wine faded fast (I'll take the blame for that). Sadly, our food was included with our "GREAT ROOM!" Next time, We'll just get the great room. The breakfast buffet the next day was just okay, really nothing to write home about... even the buffet attendant said that we should try the Sunday brunch!