“Nice hotel”

SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh North Shore
Ranked #25 of 71 Hotels in Pittsburgh
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Every year we go to baseball games in Pittsburgh we stay here. Hotel is a ways clean, great staff and great location. Next to Pnc field. Great for parking your car. Close to river and casino if that's your thing. Oh and breakfast is free.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Came here on April 18-20 for a baseball game. Found out we were across the street from the stadium!! Couldn't have had a closer hotel. Staff was so accommodating. They allowed us to stay parked at the hotel for the Sunday afternoon game until 6pm even though check out was 11am. No charge! Free late check out when I asked to help accommodate the 1:30 game time. We came back Saturday night after dinner and could not find a spot to park, the front desk clerk came out and "made" us a parking spot. I have never had such pleasant staff at such a busy hotel. This hotel was busy. Booked solid I am sure both nights as breakfast each morning was horrendously busy. We had to leave and eat elsewhere each day. One tip, the rooms are very bright even with the darkened blinds drawn. Maybe bring a sleep mask?? Earplugs too as the street noise is crazy. After parties and early morning marathons disturbed our sleep each day.

Room Tip: stay away from elevator proximity. The wining will keep you up
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed 8 April 2014

This facility is clean and comfortable. Our room was large and had a separating wall from bedroom to living room area. It's very convenient to attend a Pittsburgh Pirates game as we walked across the street to attend the opening day game. They have an excellent free breakfast available for three hours a day. They provide a free shuttle service to various places in the city. This is a nice service because it's not an easy city to drive, park or walk around.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Bookroxy
Joshua K, Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Means a lot to the staff here that we were able to be part of such a special evening for you both. We know that it can be rare moments that guest's are able to escape their day to day and get down here to relax and enjoy everything the North Shore of Pittsburgh has to offer. We appreciate all the comments and feedback you have provided and only hope to be your desired location for the next anniversary or just a getaway out on the town. A smile and comfortable bed will always be waiting.
Copley, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 8 April 2014

The week after our wedding anniversary, my wife and I left the kids at home and traveled to Pittsburgh where we stayed at the SpringHill Suites. It is located immediately across the street from PNC Park where the Pittsburgh Pirates play and very close to just about everything else.
We arrived about 8:45 PM on a Friday. When I walked inside I was immediately met with a smile by one of the workers at the front desk. He was very courteous and helpful. He knew that I was a rewards member and treated me wonderfully. He indicated where I was to park, gave me my room keys and I was off.
We were put in a 1 bedroom suite that was plenty big and had a king size bed. The room had a sink & fridge in the common area as well as a desk setup for working.
The water pressure was good. The bed was comfortable. Everything went well with the stay.

Pros - I used my Marriott Rewards points and we were able to stay for free. Comfortable, clean bed. Fantastic staff. Awesome view. Fairly quiet although next to a major interstate highway. The breakfast smelled wonderful, although we did not eat there.

Cons - I dislike the bathroom sink being in a different room than the toilet. This was the case with the other SpringHill Suites that we stayed (Cincinnati, OH). That breeds bacteria on the inside door handle when leaving the toilet / shower area unless the handle is wiped down all the time.
Also, the toilet tissue holder was too far away from the toilet. Adults probably wouldn't have a problem reaching, but certainly children will.
Finally, the $19 cost to park in the parking lot is steep. However, it is the cheapest in the area and I understand the necessity.

I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
White Bear
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I was in Pittsburgh for two nights on business. We got in late the first night, and the guy at the check in was friendly, helpful, got us checked in quickly. The room was really nice, quiet, comfortable king bed. The breakfast was OK - not the greatest hotel breakfast but perfectly sufficient for a quick bite on a workday.

The offer a shuttle to downtown locations, but we didn't end up needing it. It appeared that it was available, and I saw lots of business people using it.

Interactions with the staff were all positive. If I go the 'Burgh again, I'd stay here.

Burlington
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I had to.travel to Pittsburgh for work and chose the Springhill Suites North Shore. The staff at this hotel was amazing. I had a very rough week and ended up being somewhat "high maintenance". I needed to print and fax documents, transportation to a few locations, directions, recommendations,, etc. the staff could not have been more helpful and patient!!!! They made this trip successful for me.

The hotel itself is also very nice. I had a king room and was very comfortable the entire time.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for both business and pleasure.

Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I stayed here for business one night. Carpet was being replaced in the lobby so things were a bit torn up. A bit expensive considering nothing was going on in the area. Breakfast was average, not as good as other Springhill Suites I've stayed at recently. Adjacent restaurant, Soho, is more like a dark sportsbar but did a fine job on my to-go Caesar wrap. The hotel is directly across from PNC Park so location can't be beat for this. There is a Residence Inn across the large parking lot if you want another option.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Joshua K, Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
It is a constant concern of ours to always keep our hotel looking fresh and well maintained for our guest's. Certainly wanted to look our best to welcome the new Pittsburgh Pirates season and their fans that follow. Also happy to hear you enjoyed a take out meal from our upscale sports bar that offers a more intimate setting for its customers. Springhill Suites always wants to make sure every stay at all our locations is matched in perfection and we will of course make sure our quality of our breakfast items compares to other properties. We thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and look forward to your next visit with us