The gentleman at the front desk was very happy to assist us and even gave my grandmother a discount on our room because she just got out of surgery at the Allegheny General Hospital. I was very pleased with this and thought to myself what a nice hotel. Turns out I was very wrong! The next morning my grandmother, boyfriend and I went down to the lobby for a complimentary breakfast. I sat down to save us a table as my grandmother and boyfriend proceeded to the breakfast bar. About 2 minutes later the fire alarms went off and people looked confused. I went up to the breakfast bar to find a worker flipping out saying " He's a grown man! Can he not read? He's a grown man!" Still confused at that situation I asked my boyfriend what had happened and he said "I was baking your croissant and as I was waiting I flipped around 2 signs that were on top the toaster oven and they read 'don't put croissant' in the toaster oven, but as I tried to hurry up and take it out it was too late". Nothing major happened, the lobby just had a little smoke. While this conversation was taking place the one worker was still walking around yelling so I walked up to the other worker and told her that we were sorry. She told us it was fine. My boyfriend and I thought that was the end of it but we were wrong!!! After our first plate we decided to go get another. Soon as we got up to the breakfast bar the 2 lady workers came back out again and started yelling about the incident as they were PRETENDING to fill the food back up just to make us feel even more bad. I finally had enough!! I turned around and told the 2 worker lady's that we were sorry again and that their signs were facing the wrong way so we didn't know any better. The lady that I had apologized to the first time got right in my face and said "There is 2 signs right there in front of your face." I said again "They were facing the opposite way my boyfriend is the one who turned it around, I'm sorry again it was an accident!!" She then got back in my face and said "ohh hunny that ain't wasn't no accident!" (Word for word). I simply smiled and said "You're right, my boyfriend purposefully tried to burn the hotel down." Mind you the whole time this was going on 2 more workers came out if the back kitchen and all surrounded me while while she was in my face! What kind of hotel lets something like this happen to a guest that has a platinum membership!!?? We discuss the situation with the same gentleman that was very helpful the day before and he did not seem shocked which leads me to believe that this isn't the first time this exact situation has happened. Also I did hear one of the works say "this happens at least twice a week" as they were yelling. My suggestion is either get a new toaster oven that actually works or do not put croissants out AT ALL!! My grandmother was still very sick from her surgery and absolutely did not deserve to be all worked up like that! That was the worst experience I have ever had staying at a hotel. After all of that happened not one of the workers came back out and apologized for loosing their temper. This should of never happened! Especially when we are platinum members who stay at Marriott quite often. Well before we did, but now since this has happened and no course of action was taken on any of these workers I believe I will be switching hotel chains. If you can't control your workers I suggest you keep the temperamental ones in the back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When visiting Pittsburgh, enjoy a refreshing hotel experience at the SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh - North Shore. Designed for the modern lifestyle, SpringHill Suites invites you to relax in studio suites 25% larger than typical hotel rooms with sleeping, dining and work areas. Join us daily for our complimentary hot breakfast buffet and work out in our new fitness facility or unwind in our indoor pool. For the business traveler our hotel is located just minutes away from many of Pittsburgh's major corporations. For the sports fans we're perfectly situated across the street from PNC Park, within a half mile from Heinz Field, one mile from Consol Energy Center. Feeling lucky, try your luck at The Rivers Casino featuring slots and table games. Parking is an additional cost at the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh North Shore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites North Shore Hotel Pittsburgh
- Springhill Suites Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh Springhill Suites