“TOTAL LACK OF RESPECT TOWARDS GUESTS!!!”

SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh North Shore
Ranked #25 of 72 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

The gentleman at the front desk was very happy to assist us and even gave my grandmother a discount on our room because she just got out of surgery at the Allegheny General Hospital. I was very pleased with this and thought to myself what a nice hotel. Turns out I was very wrong! The next morning my grandmother, boyfriend and I went down to the lobby for a complimentary breakfast. I sat down to save us a table as my grandmother and boyfriend proceeded to the breakfast bar. About 2 minutes later the fire alarms went off and people looked confused. I went up to the breakfast bar to find a worker flipping out saying " He's a grown man! Can he not read? He's a grown man!" Still confused at that situation I asked my boyfriend what had happened and he said "I was baking your croissant and as I was waiting I flipped around 2 signs that were on top the toaster oven and they read 'don't put croissant' in the toaster oven, but as I tried to hurry up and take it out it was too late". Nothing major happened, the lobby just had a little smoke. While this conversation was taking place the one worker was still walking around yelling so I walked up to the other worker and told her that we were sorry. She told us it was fine. My boyfriend and I thought that was the end of it but we were wrong!!! After our first plate we decided to go get another. Soon as we got up to the breakfast bar the 2 lady workers came back out again and started yelling about the incident as they were PRETENDING to fill the food back up just to make us feel even more bad. I finally had enough!! I turned around and told the 2 worker lady's that we were sorry again and that their signs were facing the wrong way so we didn't know any better. The lady that I had apologized to the first time got right in my face and said "There is 2 signs right there in front of your face." I said again "They were facing the opposite way my boyfriend is the one who turned it around, I'm sorry again it was an accident!!" She then got back in my face and said "ohh hunny that ain't wasn't no accident!" (Word for word). I simply smiled and said "You're right, my boyfriend purposefully tried to burn the hotel down." Mind you the whole time this was going on 2 more workers came out if the back kitchen and all surrounded me while while she was in my face! What kind of hotel lets something like this happen to a guest that has a platinum membership!!?? We discuss the situation with the same gentleman that was very helpful the day before and he did not seem shocked which leads me to believe that this isn't the first time this exact situation has happened. Also I did hear one of the works say "this happens at least twice a week" as they were yelling. My suggestion is either get a new toaster oven that actually works or do not put croissants out AT ALL!! My grandmother was still very sick from her surgery and absolutely did not deserve to be all worked up like that! That was the worst experience I have ever had staying at a hotel. After all of that happened not one of the workers came back out and apologized for loosing their temper. This should of never happened! Especially when we are platinum members who stay at Marriott quite often. Well before we did, but now since this has happened and no course of action was taken on any of these workers I believe I will be switching hotel chains. If you can't control your workers I suggest you keep the temperamental ones in the back.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Whitney91
Joshua K, Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

You can be confident we will follow up on your concerns so others are not disappointed as you were. We very much value you as a guest and hope you would stay with us again soon. We understand the reason for your stay is to visit the local hospital and that can be stressful enough. We assure you that another visit with us would show our respect and dedication to all our guests.

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Would be a great place if it wasn't for the noise. Construction right outside of my window. My first room had loud drunken neighbors and I explained that I needed to get some sleep and they have me a room that turned out even worse. Between the train, the highway, and construction noises don't plan on getting any rest here.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank mrclean_7
Joshua K, Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

It's very unfortunate that what should have been a relaxing comfortable evening, which is to be expected at our Marriott location, was anything but. Seems an evening of excessive outside urban public noise was a huge factor. The North Shore here is constantly in the process of adding to its already great selection of dining, entertainment and hotel accommodations. Now this is no excuse for excessive noise at such a late hour. We share you frustration and have brought it directly to the attention of the developer of the site that is responsable for your sleepless night. Our voice has been heard and have been assured that such construction so late will not continue to be an issue at this location. We thank you for voicing your concern which helped in confirming that there was a problem so it could be handled promptly. Only hope we can have a second chance at a restfull night's stay.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Right across the street from PNC ballpark. Staff was very professional. Rooms were very nice and clean. Free shuttle within 3 miles. Plus free breakfast scrambled eggs,sausage,oatmeal,fresh fruits,cereals,pastry,juices, yogurt.awesome.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed on 8th floor. Quiet. Requested two rooms beside each other and request was fulfilled. Check in was a snap and the staff very accommodating. Professional appearance.
The room was clean. Will stay again. Right across the road is pnc park. Love the bucs.
Parking was 19.00 and good location. Easy to maneuver getting back on 326.
Breakfast was good as always. Public spaces clean and inviting.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank EssEmmArr
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We had our bikes stolen (they were locked to a bike rack on the car) from right outside the hotel, in the first row of parking. Otherwise, good location, decent rooms, and the breakfast was pretty good.

2  Thank curtisgilker
Joshua K, Manager at SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

The hotel staff was very sorry to hear about the predicament that happened to your personal belongings in the leased lot provided through the hotel. The safety of our guests is always a top concern for us. Its dissapointing that your situation of leaving valuables in an open lot was taken advantage of by the public. Happy to hear that at least the accommodations of the hotel suited your needs and hope to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Upon check in, three children in tow- the staff was helpful, cheerful and expedient. We were in the room quickly. The room was clean. Housekeeping was up to the room with extra towels within 5 minutes of calling. Complimentary breakfast had good healthy options (fresh fruit, granola, oatmeal, yogurt) along with the traditional waffles, bagels, pastry, eggs and sausage. Parking was an additional $20, but the location is really convenient to the ball parks and several museums. Hotel abuts a raised highway on one end, but the property seems to be situated such that no rooms face the traffic. The room was quiet- no noise from above or outside hallway. Would certainly stay again for another family weekend getaway.

2  Thank WestlakeOH
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed here to see the baseball game. Had total of 4 rooms. It was perfect. Rooms were beautiful, Location was perfect and staff friendly. We used the shuttle service to get to wherever we needed to go. It was Great!! Would Definitely stay here again

Room Tip: ask for parking lot view. this way you are away from the bar area.