“Perfect for cycling the Pittsburgh trails”

Golden Triangle Bike Rental
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore Pittsburgh and the Great Allegheny Passage by Bike! Experience all that our beautiful city has to offer from 25 miles of traffic-free, riverside trail. Or, ride the 340 miles of rails to trails bliss between Pittsburgh and Washington DC known as the Great Allegheny Passage. Bikes rentals, trip planning, shuttle service, self-guided and guided tours since 2007. Let our experienced rental attendants, guides and trip planners fit you on one of our great bikes and get you on your way!
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Bike shop was really helpful and friendly. Great to see folks so passionate about their business. I rented a trek hybrid from their fleet and rode all of the trails on both sides of the rivers, about 25 miles. Very enjoyable and interesting way to spend the day. The history of Pittsburgh steel is all around? I was even lucky enough to see bald eagles. The cycle team were super friendly and we discussed the tour when I returned about 6 hours later. Highly recommended! Thanks, IG

All reviews
in 13 reviews
in 13 reviews
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My wife and I were on our way to Chicago from delaware and decided to spend a couple of days in Pittsburgh on our way. We both enjoy the outdoors and being able to explore without the hassle of driving and finding places to park. We are avid bike riders and look for rail-trails wherever we may be and luckily for us...Pittsburgh has a world class trail system called the Three rivers Heritage Trail. This 20+ mile network of urban trail connects with the GAP (Great Allegheny Trail) and follows the shores of the the Ohio, Monongahela and Allegheny Rivers as it traverses some of Pittsburgh's most iconic neighborhoods. Not having our bikes, we looked up bike rentals and came across the Golden Triangle Bike rental company. Their website is extremely easy to navigate and rent bikes from. Rates were very affordable with hourly to full day rates available. Online renting offers discount that you don't get if you ordered in person. Locating their shop was easy although traffic in the downtown area can get a little dicey. Parking is convenient as there is sparking garage right there. They are located right along the trail and were very courteous and professional. The young lady who met us had our bikes all ready for us and even ensured that we were properly fitted for the day. They offer free emergency service along the marked trail and even provided a lock and spare tube with associated tools. Their bikes are top of the line...Trek and they offer road, hybrid, mountain and tag-along kiddie trailers to name a few. We would highly recommend this rental company for anyone looking to bike Pittsburgh or even the 150 mile GAP from Pittsburgh to Cumberland, MD. We had a fantastic time and will look them up for future biking itineraries.

Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Their company provided excellent service. The rental bikes were well-equipped and in excellent working order. We took their shuttle back from Cumberland which was a great service!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We had a great experience with Golden Triangle Bike Rental. We rented bikes for the C&O and Great Allegheny Passage bike trail from DC to Pittsburgh and we were so glad that we did. The bikes were perfect for the trip, rode incredibly smoothly and had everything we needed (we're so glad we didn't attempt it on our own bikes), and they gave us great advice about the trip including what to bring, how long to make it, etc. Tom (the owner) made himself available for several phone conversations after hours (including weekends and evenings) and looked over our itinerary for us as well. They were also very accommodating regarding last minute changes we had (including changing the reservation) and other preferences about the bike. We highly recommend renting from them for anyone looking to do this trip.

See more reviews
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I was in town for a convention that began Sunday evening. I arrived on Friday with a friend to set up a booth for the week to come. once done, he and I decided to rent bikes and pedal a ways down the Great Allegheny Passage. Golden Triangle rented me a carbon frame bike for a very reasonable cost. I am an ex-Cat 3 cyclist, and so know quality frames and components and a well set-up and maintained bike. The guys at the shop were very helpful in getting the handlebars, seat, etc. adjusted for me before the ride. My friend and I rode about 30 miles east along the trail and then turned back. The trail itself is fantastic, and if I ever lived in Pittsburg, would ride it regularly. It follows the Allegheny river and has parks, shops, forests, etc. all along the trail.

But I must continue to praise the quality of the bikes that we were able to rent and the cost which was far less than I anticipated.

Highly recommended!