“Best breakfast ever”
Review of The Inn on Negley

The Inn on Negley
Ranked #1 of 11 Pittsburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I was in Pittsburgh with my mother in law and my younger daughter to visit my older daughter and her fiancé. We all had breakfast at The Inn on Negley. It was a wonderful experience. Of course we first asked if we wanted coffee - one of my daughters asked for hot chocolate. I was a little surprised when we were informed that it would be an extra charge. However, when it came out I understood why -and would recommend it to any hot chocolate lover! It was a carafe of hot chocolate that the waitress poured over a chocolate lattice. Homemade marshmallows and fresh whipped cream came on the side.
Next came the fruit cups and pastry. Typically I do not order fruit cups for breakfast because most restaurants' fruit cups have primarily melons and grapes - not here! Fresh orange and grapefruit sections, apple, raspberry and I forget what else - it was very good! The pastry was also very good - I wish I had been able to take some of the scones with me!
I ordered their frittata special - it was amazing! Really, I am still thinking about it. Several of the group ordered the French toast with apples special. They said it was good but not the best they've ever had. The service through out the meal was very good. We were all pleasantly surprised when after clearing out plates the server came out with fresh forks. Dessert for breakfast? YES - and it was the perfect ending - just a small piece of a chocolate pastry.

I am sure that when I travel to Pittsburgh again reservations for high tea will be made!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 31 October 2013

My extended family took over the Inn over the weekend of my niece's wedding. We could not have asked for a nicer spot. The inn is so charming - love the period feel of the old house & furnishings. The staff were so friendly and helpful and understanding of our group of crazy people trying to coordinate multiple events & locations. The breakfast was amazing - best French toast I've had in ages, lovely fresh fruit, the omelets looked delicious and judging by how quickly they were devoured, tasted delicious as well. Having tea, wine & goodies waiting for us at the end of the 8 hour trip to get to Pittsburgh was a nice treat.

The rooms were spacious with cozy period furnishings. The bathroom was clean & large & Jacuzzi tub was a nice feature.

Easy walking to shopping. Finding the Inn initially was a bit of a challenge as we had not been to Pittsburgh before, but one we had our bearings, the location was great. I found driving in Pittsburgh a challenge so GPS would be strongly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank HSC458
Reviewed 1 October 2013

These guys are top notch. Service is over the top, as are the accommodations. But best of all is breakfast made to order. Great location in easy walking distance to shopping and restaurants/bars. You can't go wrong.

Stayed: September 2013
6  Thank Ross W
Reviewed 24 September 2013

This was perhaps the nicest B&B that I've ever stayed at, or at least in the top 3-5! Beautiful rooms, with beautiful and classic furniture and lighting fixtures, which were abundant, a friendly and very helpful staff, plus a delicious breakfast with more very friendly staff, made for a memorable night in Pittsburgh, even though the TV featured the Steelers losing, again! Oh, and also a beautiful outdoor seating, with beautiful plants and flowers, in which to enjoy a book, beer and cigar!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank rickgmail
Reviewed 16 September 2013

This is a lovely B&B. Our room was very clean and well appointed. The breakfasts were delicious. We thought the chef was amazing....great French toast, eggs, omelets, fresh fruit, etc. There is a lovely patio in back beautifully planted where one can read and relax. There is afternoon tea and cookies as well as wine at 5. We would return.

Room Tip: We stayed in Cortland (all rooms are names of apple varieties) with a king bed
1  Thank Sue D
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We are 12 sorority sisters who have traveled widely, both separately and together and we are pleased to report that the Inn on Negley most definitely lives up to its reputation. The rooms are individually designed, charming and comfortable and the amenities, like comfy robes and pillow choices are lovely. Breakfast is especially good. Service is excellent and staff is friendly without being intrusive.
Location is perfect, close to Walnut Street shopping and restaurants and a short drive to Pitt.
Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Only twin bedded room is the "Arkansas Black" room. Bed sizes vary and some are quite hig...
2  Thank mary j
Reviewed 10 August 2013

My husband and I have never stayed at a B&B before. I thought they might be stuffy and uncomfortable with to much interaction with the staff or homeowner. I could not of been more wrong about the Inn on Negley ! The owner is one of the sweetest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting ! The staff is wonderful also ! They do every thing they can to make your stay as comfortable as can be . They all seem to really like their jobs and each other and work very well together.
The Inn itself is a beautiful place, tastefully decorated, clean and very comfortable. The breakfast was delicious as well as a work of art. I took a picture of my food before I ate it ! It was that pretty! I am so glad we stayed there. I would highly recommend the Inn to others !

2  Thank Wendy S
Innonnegley, Manager at The Inn on Negley, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

We are honored to have been your first B&B experience! Thank you for giving us a try, and for taking the time to let others know about it. We look forward to having you back!