“This charming Inn located in Pittsburgh is made all the more relaxing because of the Inn Keeper, chefs and staff”
Review of The Inn on Negley

The Inn on Negley
Ranked #1 of 11 Pittsburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 May 2009

Located in the Shady Side section of Pittsburgh, the Inn on Negley is a fabulous find for business travelers. Each of the 8 rooms is uniquely decorated and comfortable. It is quite a relaxing place, perfect to start your day with a delicious prepared to order breakfast by the Inns renowned chefs or to end your day with a complimentary wine and pastries. The staff, Chefs, and Inn Keeper are attentive to your needs wihtout being intrusive. There is ample parking and, with breakfast included, the Inn offers great value for Pittsburgh. The Inn is a short walk from Walnut Street and Ellsworth Street which boast many fine restaurants and shops. I highly recommend the Inn whether you are going to be in Pittsburgh on business or a getaway weekend.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business

Reviewed 21 February 2009

My husband and I have stayed here several times as I have a daughter at the University of Pittsbugh. This is an amazing inn with beautiful rooms, ( I have stayed in 3 different ones) excellent up to date bathrooms, and a wonderful breakfast. We are looking forward to yet another stay in May. It is well located and quiet.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2009

My wife and I have stayed at the Inn on Negley several times over the past two years. The owner, Liz Sullivan, and her staff treat us as though we are part of the family. Afternoon tea, hot chocolate service, wine on the sideboard later, fantastic breakfasts, and smiles from everyone who works there. What a treat. Better than home. Excellent food, service, and peace and quiet. In a great walking neighborhood. Recommended highly: far better than cookie-cutter motels and hotels. (I wanted to move into the place, but my wife said "No.") Try it; it can be addictive.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 December 2008

My son was attending the Carnegie Mellon Uni. Sleeping Bag Wkend as a Senior. The Inn on Negley was VERY close!! I had my mother with me and we had an awesome time. When we arrived hot apple cider and cake from the sideboard were waiting for us. We stayed in the Arkansas Apple Room with lovely twin beds which were 'just right'. For dinner we were able to walk to a wonderful restaurant -Girasole. Excellent Italian and not the pasta house type place. www.girasolepgh.com We had a grand walk home (great shops along the way). The Arkansas was delightful. Excellent and clean, beautiful appointments, books to browse through,and a snuggle down bed, We were able to open the windows and enjoy the cool evening air. Wonderful bathroom and shower with fragrance shampoo, soap and lotion. Breakfast was delicious and leisurely. I loved the presentation and the coffee, We are difinately looking forward to coming back again. I hope my son gets into CMU, if not I will come back for a get away weekend with my hubbie!!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 September 2008

My husband and I are frequent visitors of this tucked away gem in the heart of Shadyside. The atmosphere at the Inn on Negley is so serene--it is easy to leave all your worries behind once you cross the threshold. The plaster work on the first floor is amazing--the plaster moldings on the ceiling in the dining room are spectacular. I have toured all the guest rooms--all are professionally decorated in period furnishings. I particularly like the first room guest room which features a four poster canopy bed and large bathroom.
The food at the inn is great--chefs Albert and Jackie do a wonderful afternoon tea; a little secret is that if you call ahead, they can prepare breakfast for you even if you are not staying at the inn.
Innkeeper Liz is an absolute delight--she will cater to your every whim. Whether you are dropping by for afternoon tea or staying overnight, she will ensure that your time at the inn is memorable.
I miss this splendid retreat and can't wait to go back...

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank buttersup
Reviewed 31 August 2008

We stayed at the Inn on Negley for 3 nights so that we could visit Pittsburgh. The Inn is very nice and comfortable (We had the Granny Smith Room). Although 2 of the 3 days we were there some of the rooms on the ground floor (dining rooms) had been rented out to non guests for which was a suprise but didnt inconvenience our stay.

Getting into Pittsburgh was easy enough, the staff were shocked that we weren't going to drive and that we wanted to use the bus. I'd recommend the bus ($2 each way), its only a 2 minute walk down the road to get to the bus lane. When you catch a bus on the bus lane, as there is no other traffic it gets to its destination FAST!.

A 2 minute walk fro the Inn takes you to Walnut street where its like a small town centre. There are plenty of shops to browse and there a numerous places to eat. We ate at Sady Grove and the Walnut Grill both of which were very good

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GBains
Reviewed 27 August 2008

We stayed at the Inn on Negley, in April 2008 and again in June, after staying in a couple of other Select Registry Inns. On our first visit we were seeking a luxurious hotel with excellent service that would allow us to escape very hectic, demanding jobs. The inn surpassed all expectations. We stayed in the Empire Suite. It is even more beautiful and comfortable than the pictures suggest. The bathroom is huge and impeccably designed. The rooms are immaculate. The furniture is both beautiful and functional. Liz, the owner, has thought of every possible detail you could ask for.

For the most part, we were treated like royalty. Marcie couldn't have been more welcoming and accommodating on the night of our arrival. Liz and Lizzie made sure each evening that we knew about and had reservations at the best restaurants in town. (I highly, highly recommend the Casbah!) On our second visit, we attended a wedding. I wanted a pedicure beforehand and all of the local salons were booked solid. I mentioned my frustration to Albert at breakfast and he reappeared a few minutes later to tell me I had a pedicure appointment at noon (at a salon that I'd called and been told had no openings).

Many of the rooms were open at various times during our first visit (we stayed four nights) and we were able to see each of them. All of the rooms are beautiful. We would be happy in any room (and I am extremely picky).

Breakfasts were great. Albert makes the best poached eggs ever (and will even share his secret to great poached eggs, if you ask).

Aside from the hotel, Shadyside is a great place to stay in Pittsburgh: great shopping, close to everything, etc!

We will return to the Inn on Negley again and again.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank vanessa1130