“Outstanding Lunch!”
Review of Nine On Nine

Nine On Nine
Reserve with OpenTable
Nine On Nine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #127 of 2,210 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: 9th Street
Description: Since opening in 2006 in the heart of Pittsburgh's Cultural District, Nine on Nine has an impeccable reputation as a popular dining venue known for serving some of the finest culinary dishes in the city. We are proud to serve ingredients from local farms and to also partner with Sustainable Pittsburgh & Live Well Allegheny. For a special occasion or a spontaneous night on the town, before or after on event in the Cultural District, Nine on Nine’s exceptional cuisine, elegant ambience, and attentive staff are ready to make your visit a special experience. Nine on Nine also offers a variety of options for your next private event, whether it be in our private dining room, our main dining room or in our lounge. If you're looking to stay in...let us bring the celebration to you! We cater straight to your home or your office so you can relax and enjoy.
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My husband and I had a wonderful dining experience for lunch at Nine On Nine. Kevin, our server, was amazing. He was very personable and demonstrated that he would do all that he could to make sure that we would enjoy our lunch and made us feel that he was glad we chose to be there. We enjoyed both of our entrées and especially liked the presentation of the chicken which was excellent. The atmosphere was pleasant with much natural light. We could people -watch and even had a chance to see some unusual skywriting while we were there.

I am so glad we decided to splurge on dessert. The chocolate decadence was outstanding! It seemed too beautiful to eat. But, I did not leave one speck behind on the plate. The desert had so many wonderful tastes and textures. I am glad that we found this restaurant and look forward to trying it for dinner in the future.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We were seated at the most comfortable chairs so thought we were in for a great time. I informed the server we had show tickets and needed to leave in an hour and that my mother needed a gluten free menu. He said there would be no problem getting us out on time and that since all meals were made to order, they could all be prepared gluten free.

We both ordered the pork chop, mine medium and hers medium well and gluten free. After waiting 35 minutes and having never seen our server, our meals were finally brought out by someone else. As he placed the plate in front of me, the server came over and asked which one was which. He did not know the difference, so the server looked at them and stated he knew the difference. As we started eating and cutting into our chops (with butter knives as steak knives weren't offered), it was obvious they switched our dishes. I don't know how much gluten my Mother ate, but it is detrimental to her health, so I was extremely unhappy. When they had delivered our food, I handed the server my credit card as we now had only 20 minutes to eat. Very disappointing.

The only reason I gave it a few stars is that the food was nice and hot like I like it. The chop was good, but needed more sauce.

Overall, a disappointment.

2  Thank Beth E
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We had a great dinner here while visiting Pittsburgh. Our waiter was excellent. The risotto with truffles was incredible. I ordered the salmon and it was perfectly prepared. A band started playing in the bar about 3/4 of the way through out dinner. The acoustics weren't great, and I would have preferred they skipped their performance. Other than this, it was a very nice meal.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I visited this restaurant on Valentine's Day for dinner. It was a prix fixe menu, but of some of the best reviews I'd read on this site it seemed to be the best option. It was a very romantic evening with excellent food. The restaurant is small and slightly cramped, but the atmosphere/ambiance was wonderful. It was a thoroughly enjoyable evening.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We did not have reservations, however, they received a cancellation and offered us the table. It was situated perfectly in the restaurant. The hostess and host were both very friendly - taking our coats and wet umbrellas. Our waitress and pastry server were also extremely friendly and attentive, but not too much so. The meals were both wonderful and thought the portions were very good. My preference is not to have so much food that I could feed two people. Although I think it is a little pricey, it is a great place to celebrate a special occasion or just to have good meal.

Been to Nine On Nine? Share your experiences!