“Nice, casual dinner”

Ranked #163 of 2,209 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Ate in Redbeard's outdoor patio on a Friday evening and had an enjoyable dining experience. My party had the Redbeard burger and chicken wrap and both were good. Wait staff was attentive and kept our glasses filled. Burger was cooked exactly as ordered. Only suggestion would be for the music to be turned down a notch in order to make table conversation easier. Chips were really good.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Four of us, two tourists and two locals doing the city. Incline to the top and some local food. Happened to be $1 taco day - think it was 4 min? Anyway, 3 ordered them and enjoyed and I like what I saw. Funny thing is, just a few days have passed and I forgot what I had, but I liked it! It was some sort of sandwich not on the regular menu, but a lunch special and I ate every bite, shared to overage of fries and went away happy. Sat in the outdoor patio on a lovely day with good company, good service & food. Nice casual place I'd go back to anytime.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

We went to Mount Washington to enjoy the view of Pittsburgh and wanted something other than the chain restaurants at the bottom. Redbeard's was a good choice. As another reviewer wrote, when you walk in, it is dark; but once your eyes adjust, the atmosphere is fine. It is a nice little corner bar. There is a parking lot just down the street. The deep fried pickles were excellent. We liked the homemade potato chips; they were crispy and good. Some were a little dark, but that adds more flavor. One of us had fries with the sandwich; the fries were disappointing. They were a bit soggy. The service was good; the waitress was very attentive, refilling our drinks often.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We were visitors from out of state and checked out the incline. The restaurants at the bottom of the incline were mostly chains so we headed up for a locally owned place and found Redbeards about two blocks from the station. They had many wing flavors and the pretzel sticks were excellent. Burgers/sandwiches were around $10+ but they were big. Highly recommend the homemade fries over the homemade chips though, the chips we got were really dark and not good. There seemed to be three areas in the small restaurant: a bar, a small main dining area and patio. Wish we'd had a better day, the patio looked nice but it was raining. Service was excellent. Would visit here again.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

It was a bright afternoon and when we entered we were BLIND, it seemed so dark. We almost left but a server offered us a look at the menu. What a mistake it would have been to leave. Lunch does not get better. Wife had hand breaded cod sandwich. It was so tasty that if it had been 1/3 the size it would have been an amazing value with the great cole slaw. This fish sandwich is about 10 inches long- it hangs over the end of the plate. I had a Rueben- it was so good think Zingerman's or Second Avenue Deli- and the HAND CUT FRIES were as good as I have EVER TASTED- I am a retired Executive Chef and have served hand cut fries for 44 years- these were as good as any I have ever tasted. The price is sooooo... reasonable it is almost free. They have a good list of beer, unfortunately it was too early for me to get started. Any return to Pittsburgh will include a trip to Redbeard's and we want to try the one on 6th also. I say this with care, but we went to Primonti Bros. and it is not even close for quality. Novel yes, quality no comparison.