“I was ok, but I won't go there again!”
Review of Pizzutti - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Neighbourhood: Shadyside
Neighbourhood: Shadyside
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“I was ok, but I won't go there again!”
Reviewed 23 October 2011

The place was very dark, I was barely able to read the menu. I had chicken marsala and the chicken tasted very plane. The calamari was ok but they had to reheat the marinera because it was cold. Although the idea of BYOB seemed less expensive in the beginning, but I think I like going to a place where they have their own wine menu. My fiancee did not finish her food because it wasn't that good either. Not going there again for sure.

• Visited October 2011

Moon, Pennsylvania
“Pizzutti - for food like your Grandma makes!”
Reviewed 9 May 2011

What a fantastic find! Tiny Italian restaurant family owned nestled on a side street in very yuppified shadyside walnut street area. Look out for small yelpy dogs on the sidewalk.

Food is fantastic. Noodles home made, sauces are beautiful and the atmosphere is authentic. I feel like i am having dinner in my aunt Gilda's dining room.

BYO except they offer complimentary Chianti and pinot grigio. I had 3 glasses!

Love it! Enjoy.

• Visited January 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
“What a find!”
Reviewed 26 April 2010

We went there tonight for the first time and loved it. It is small, and has a small wait staff. The service was excellent! However, this is NOT a good place if you are in a hurry, which also makes it not a good place for kids. The mushroom soup was incredible! I had the spicy papardelle, and immediately wished I had ordered the veal milano, which was on my husband's plate. I absolutely loved both of them! Our friends ordered the veal piccata. Desserts were incredible as well. I had canolli and also enjoyed our friend's gelato. Superb! It's BYOB and they don't take credit cards, but the waiter was willing to take a check, even though we had enough cash on hand. My new favorite Italian restaurant.

pittsburgh, pa
“Great byob”
Reviewed 26 March 2009

Went with a laarge group. Very good service. Food was fresh . Everyone seemed to enjoy their food. 5 dollar per bottle corkage fee *(not bad)

pittsburgh, pa
“Favorite restaurant in Pittdburgh, Pa!”
Reviewed 25 December 2008

Pizzutti's Restaurant! Idined there a few weeks ago, and loved it so much, I dined there again! It was delicious. Beautiful, authentic Italian decor. Accomodating servers. And the food was divine! A always order their homemade pasta, while my husband orders the specials. I highly recomend that you give them a try. Enjoy!

Pizzutti's Restaurant: