“They dropped the ball.”

Neighbourhood: Shadyside
Neighbourhood: Shadyside
“They dropped the ball.”
Reviewed 28 June 2012

We ordered at 6:45 pn on a wed. The zucchini came out right away. It was horrible. The salad came out next (it was ok) then we sat there from 7-810 while all the other tables were getting served and finishing their meals. We were there before all of them. Finally we asked for our bill that we are leaving. She walked in the back and came out with my pasta . I asked where my g/f's ravioli was. She looked at my like I was from mars and said she was sorry that she don't know. Well that was it for us. They said there was no charge and we left. I understand things happen. But they didn't handle it right. I don't know how this place has great reviews. The app was so bad.i had one bite of my pasta and it has horrible as well. I eat out three times a week and I am a positive person. Stay away from this place.

Quincy, MA
“Beware of the mussels...and all substitutions cost extra!”
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I was in Pittsburgh for a business meeting. My colleague and I decided to eat at Pizzutti since it was near the hotel and the concierge spoke highly of it. The waiter recommended the bruschetta of the day so I ordered it. What a disappointment that was. The bread was barely a step above Wonder bread quality- 3 huge pieces of it - and it was smothered in a OK tasting mushroom concoction. The waiter also recommended the calamari, which my colleague ordered but he returned from the kitchen a short time later saying it had just arrived and the chef hadn't had time to clean it. She ordered an appetizer portion of the mussels instead and, since I love them, I decided to order the mussels for my entree. The waiter also recommended the soup of the day - he was overly enthusiastic about everything they served - which was an even bigger disappointment than the bruschetta. My colleague said it looked like dishwater and it was loaded with pepper and lemon, so much so that I was temporarily rendered mute from all of the spices. Most or all of the entrees were served with French fries - extremely odd for an Italian restaurant - and we both asked to substitute other things. This was possible but it cost an additional $3 per substitution. The pasta and other items were more expensive than the French fries, we were told. My colleague chose to substitute penne and I chose a salad. The penne was average and sauce was not good at all. But wait, there's more. It turns out that the mussels must not have been fresh or of good quality - or both - because my colleague and I both suffered from a bout of what must have been food poisoning. I suffered more since I ate more of them than she did. We did survive and were able to conduct the meeting that we came to Pittsburgh for but, believe me, we'll definitely not return to Pizzutti the next time we visit Pittsburgh. Just about the only good thiing I can say is that, although the restaurant is byob, they do have red and white wine available and it was provided free of charge. The money I saved on the wine went toward the cost of stomach remedies.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank exm0328
“Good Eats”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I liked the service. It was very nice. The resturant was very warm and cozy unlike most resturants. The food did not come out very quick but the coziness of the resturant was worth the wait.

Visited April 2012
PA
“Clean and staff were great”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We enjoyed the food but it was more upscale tha we wanted with two familes with little kids.

Visited April 2012
“Great Date Place”
Reviewed 3 January 2012

I recently went here with my wife for lunch. The atmosphere is cozy and romantic, the prices were reasonable, and they offer you complementary Chianti or Pinot while you wait for your meal. The only drawback could be the cold temperature in the dining room but that could be different with more people there (we were the only patrons when we went). Good place for a romantic lunch or dinner.

1 Thank Nicoyaforever