“The Arbors is a gem!”

Arbors Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pittsburgh
Arbors Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 11 Pittsburgh B&B and Inns
Jupiter, Florida
“The Arbors is a gem!”
Reviewed 20 January 2011

My partner and I found a lot to love about The Arbors during a romantic holiday weekend stay. The place offers fantastic value and convenience in a gorgeous setting! And the innkeepers are very tuned in to the interests and needs of gay couples.

We were very grateful to learn upon our arrival that we were being upgraded to the suite, with a sitting room in addition to the bedroom and its very comfy king-size bed. We took ample advantage of the hot tub, appreciated the free wired Internet and wide variety of channel choices on the TV, and were very happy to have free parking.

We loved the quiet, country feel of the place, just 3 miles or so from downtown Pittsburgh. It had just snowed and the grounds took on a beautiful, storybook quality. We saw a flock of huge wild turkeys in the driveway and enjoyed the morning shows at the birdfeeder, which attracted blue jays, vividly red cardinals and a large, colorful woodpecker with a red head.

The continental breakfasts were a treat, offering a lot of delicious variety.

We will definitely be back!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CrazyCrunch

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Lower Burrell, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 November 2010

I went with my boyfriend as a surprise birthday weekend away, and we had a blast. Although we live within the Pittsburgh area, going to Arbors was a perfect getaway for relaxing. It was so easy to find, especially when Jim the manager called to make sure I had the correct directions (since there was construction in the area.) They upgraded us to a suite, since they had a cancellation. Jim and Craig (the owner) had great suggestions for restaurants and things to do in the area. And the hot tub was wonderful to come back to after busy days. In the morning, there was a variety of pastries, fruits, and other foods, which were all delicious. Jim even shared cookies that he made with us! I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a relaxing getaway. I can't wait to return!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed 18 July 2010

Just returned from a fabulous one night stay in the Timberline Suite at Arbors Bed & Breakfast. Upon arrival, Jim, the live-in, showed my and my boyfriend around the well-kept property. I'll point out that this B&B is hidden away, but just minutes from gorgeous downtown Pittsburgh. Jim noted, most weekends the B&B is full but we happened to be the only two guests on this particular Saturday evening. We had full-reign of the property. The Timberline Suite is beautifully decorated. What a surprise when we saw two smalls bottles of champagne chilled and waiting for us in the room. Also, there was a mini-fridge with beer, soda and water, too. The bathroom was stocked with soap and towels. We took advantage of the hot tube located in the sun room area downstairs. It was very private, which was a plus. The only issue we both had was that it seemed like there were too many chemicals in the water. It was a little noxious. Nonetheless, we survived and had a nice time.

Breakfast was so perfect. Jim had coffee, cereals, fruit, pastries and yogurt waiting for us in the morning downstairs. We definitely had our fair share of delectable goodies.

We both highly recommend this establishment to anyone looking for a nice and relaxing weekend getaway or even a one night stay.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jonathand1018
pittsburgh
Reviewed 29 July 2008

I spent my wedding night at Arbors with my wife. The host was amazing!!! we arrived to the place around midnight and he was awake. he greated us and handed us the keys. the room was wonderful, VERY clean and beutifully decorated with little things here and there. In every corner you will find something interesting that makes you say "Ohh look at this... how cute!!!".
In the morning, we had breakfast (composed of muffins / toast / tea/ coeffee / fresh fruit) in the garden. It was a phenomenal morning. very crisp fesh air with all the trees around and the fountain which brought the place to life. Again the host greated us in the morning with a soft and warming smile and conversation.
We had a fantastic time at Arbors. i HIGHLY recommend it for any occasion if you are searching for a quite place in the city (it took us around 10 min to get there from down town). i am 100% sure i will go there again.. my advice: Dont waste your time looking at other places!
Arbors is a small piece of heaven on earth!!!!

• Liked — the combination of great room, amazing garden, and quite atmosphere
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank Istez
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 5 June 2007

We found Arbors on the web and took a chance based on the reviews we read. None of them did the place justice. A lovely, snug B&B, a stone's throw from the city core (3 to 5 min drive) and beautifully perched on the hill. The house was immaculately kept, the hosts helpful and friendly and my partner and I had a wonderful weekend on our trip to Toronto. It's a welcoming, gay+ environment.
It was also much cheaper than the B&Bs downtown, some of which which were relatively less attractive (we drove by some just to take a look) and far better value.
When driving there, follow the simpler, though longer directions the owners have on their website and NOT the bizarre routing that Mapquest and Google come up with.
If I'm ever back in Pittsburgh, this is where I will stay.

• Liked — Had a good feeling and felt welcome and relaxed during our stay there.
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank ezelion
Rockville
Reviewed 4 December 2006

I'd recently learned of this gay Bed & Breakfast by finding it on the Purple Roofs listings, and - knowing nothing about it - took a chance. BOY, AM I GLAD I DID! I've stayed at plenty of Bed & Breakfasts - mostly in Fort Lauderdale - and so am not new to the Bed & Breakfast routine(s). This one was a solid A+.

I had no idea where exactly in Pittsburgh it was (only been to Pittsburgh once before - 3 months prior to this trip). From the MapQuest map, I thought it was a bit removed (OK - I thought it was WAY removed) from everything. It was a REAL surprise to find it's actually only minutes from downtown. It's located on the North Side (North Central?) area of Pittsburgh, and the place is beautiful. It's a renovated, country home, that is LOADED with charm. Warm, cozy, comforatble - with a TERRIFIC sun room w. a hot tub that stays hot for you all night long. They upgraded us into the suite - which was huge! Computer hook-up in the room, coffee maker in the room, bathroom was great. The breakfast was tasty - plenty of hot coffee, fruit, muffins, a fresh baked cranberry apple dish, cereals, juices... (you get the picture, I'm sure) - all of it wonderful. The manager (Jim) was laid-back, very friendly, funny - gave the place an even more relaxed feel.

I can't think of anything I would do to make the place better... Truly - I think this B&B has done everything right.

And THAT is a true joy - landing in a B&B where everything feels right...

13 Thank Victor V