“Great food”

Neighbourhood: North Oakland
New Delhi
“Great food”
Reviewed 18 May 2013

The food was Sally very nice. We ordered for veg. Biryani, visible a bath, doses & some starters for 5 of us last nite. They were very tasty & tasted as good as v get b India. Service was courteous too.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Venkat5

• Indonesian first
Hong Kong, China
“Large Variety of Indian Food”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

All the food was good, but I was most impressed with the sheer amount of variety on their menu. I ordered a batch of Idli, which was my favorite breakfast while I lived in India (and which I haven't been able to find at other Indian restaurants in the U.S.) We ordered the biryani for the kids, but it turned out to be a little too spicy for them. Overall, adults should be quite pleased here as there are so many options.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank kelly b
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Good, not great”
Reviewed 25 November 2012

Good solid Indian food, but, in my mind, undistinguished. The lunch buffet is a good deal, though. I overeat every time....

Visited November 2012
“Decent Indian Lunch Buffet”
Reviewed 22 November 2012

I have been there about 4-5 times for lunch. Their buffet is limited but items taste quite decent. Definitely not the best Indian food, but not bad. Service is always good.

• Visited November 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Indian Food and Excellent Service”
Reviewed 28 October 2012

We ate at the Tamarind Flavor of India in Cranberry (about 30 minutes north of here) a few weeks ago and it was great, so we decided to give this one a try. We were NOT disappointed. Everything we ordered was delicious.

We started with the Ethnic Sampler. It was a little pricey but it had three different appetizers, three different sauces, and a wonderful variety of flavors and textures. For an entree I got the Vegetable Biryani. I asked to have it made extra spicy. I probably shouldn't have. I loved it but I could only eat a little at a time. Thank goodness it came with a side of raita to quench the flames. Even HOTTER was the Chicken Vindaloo that my son ordered. I'm not complaining. I like really hot food, but if you don't you should definitely steer clear of the items designated as "spicy" on the menu. For something on the milder side: my wife ordered the Kofta. Oh... my... gosh! It was SO delicious. This would be a good choice if you don't like spicy food.

As far as the service goes, I can honestly say we've never had better service anywhere! The place wasn't empty but we seemed to have TWO waitresses and they were both very attentive and friendly. Our water glasses never got less than half empty before they were refilled. In addition to the servers the hostess came by our table twice to ask how our meal was and just to chat about the menu. The staff added greatly to the whole dining experience. They were great!

The atmosphere was comfortable but not formal or fancy. The restaurant is in an older home and the ceilings are a little too high to make it feel "cozy". Don't let that keep you from eating here though or you'll be missing out on some of the best Indian food in Pittsburgh!

• Visited October 2012