“Great location/free shuttle”

Ranked #53 of 70 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
“Great location/free shuttle”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

My daughter and I stayed here while we visited University of Pittsburgh campus. The room was average but clean. They offered a discounted rate of $99 for Pitt visitors. We loved the fact that Panera Bread was in the hotel. Great food and convenient. But the best part was the free shuttle to and from the campus. It leaves on the hour for various locations (dropped us off right in front of the admissions building- the shuttle driver knew where it was). When we were finished with our visit, we called for the shuttle and the driver picked us up within 10 minutes! Fantastic and friendly service!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sherri B
Ben G, Manager at Quality Inn University Center, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thanks for staying with us. I am glad the hotel staff was friendly and helpful. I hope you had a great time at your visit at Pitt- good luck! If you're returning to the area, give us a call. We'd love to have you again!

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Just got here and already very irritated. After a 13hr. Bus trip. I was hoping to come relax but to my dismay for the price which wasn't what I was quoted when I reserved this place I was asstonished. The rm they show you in their pictures are misleading. The furniture and pictures are very out dated. Holes around outlets. Drape liner is filthy. Stains on carpets in rms. and hallways. The first room I was assigned to was so dirty I requested another rm. I was happy when the clerk gave me a discount but not happy with the next rm. either. They say there's a coffee shop online and there isn't. Yes there is Panera Bread but no coffee shop. Haven't seen the gym yet but I didn't ask. Had I known the pictures were misleading I wouldn't have reserved from here. The receptionist is very sweet but why is it that when I ask about the coffee shop bc I hungry after a long trip of bus food did Iget whispered about after leaving the receptionist deskto overhear the receptionist and the security say something behind my back just because I made a remark of "really" when I found out there was no coffee shop. The hotel is nice but needs to be clearly updated in things and not give false representations. Would I reccomend this place to someone? Yes if your trying to save a few extra bucks but its still not worth the price.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank MrsJohnHibbard2Be
Ben G, Manager at Quality Inn University Center, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you for your review. I wanted to let you know that the Panera Bread Café is a café/bakery/coffee shop- they serve a variety of warm beverages in addition to their food items. They make a great caffe mocha. The hotel itself serves free coffee and tea in the lobby. I apologize for any issues you encountered during your stay. Starting next week, we are replacing carpet in all guest rooms. Hallway carpet will be replaced in the fall. New furniture has already been placed in many rooms. The room in which you stayed has not yet received the new furniture. I apologize if you found the Web site to be misleading for any reason. Once new carpet and furniture is installed in all rooms, we plan to update our pictures online. If you're returning to the area in the future, give us a call and ask for an updated room. We will be happy to accommodate you.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I needed a place close to the hospital where my son is, so I was excited to find this hotel..my excitement quickly deteriorated when I tried to get the heating unit to work. It was separated away from the wall and cold air was pouring in. To make matters worse, the unit was blowing cold air when I turned it on.I contacted the front desk and was told they had no other no smoking rooms available and that all they could do was give me extra blankets....and someone would come look at the unit. No one came to look. No apologies, etc. I left the general manager a message. He did not reply. While checking out I retold the issue to the clerk. He also offered no apology and said it was cold outside...after getting more upset he took fifteen dollars off the bill and then basically refused to discuss it any more. Terrible experience and unable to afford other hotels in the downtown area with so many stays back an forth to see my child. Thankfully, I found a microtel 12 miles away. They were wonderful there. I will be writing a great review for them and also will continue to stay there while visiting my child in the hospital.

Room Tip: One with heat.....
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jenn m
Ben G, Manager at Quality Inn University Center, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Thank you for the review and for staying with us. I wish you the best of luck with your hospital visits- I know how unsettling hospital visits can be. On behalf on the entire team here, allow me to apologize for the problem with your room's heating unit. I'm sorry that on the night in which you stayed, we were unable to move you to another room of the same type. Our maintenance team has since fixed the issue with the heater. Thank you for brining that matter to our attention.

I do understand that our front desk manager sent you a letter with an offer for a free stay at our hotel. I see that you stayed with us again this week. Thank you for giving us another chance. I hope your second stay was much more enjoyable than the first! I also wanted to let you know that I posted a full refund to your first stay.

Thanks again for the review and for staying with us again. Please give us a call if you're returning to the area.

Somerset, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I have stayed for several times while my daughter was in Childrens Hospital. It is a very nice hotel and staff were pleasant to deal with. They also offer a free shuttle service to local hospitals and a hospital discount which was nice.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank gabby691
Ben G, Manager at Quality Inn University Center, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Thank you for being our guest and for posting such a nice review. We're happy that you were able to take advantage of our shuttle service to the hospital. Many of our guests love our shuttle service. Our friendly staff is more than happy to take care of the driving for you! If you're returning to the area, give us a call. We'd love to have you again.

Have a Happy New Year.

Reviewed 24 December 2013

I stayed here because my father was having hip replacement surgery at UPMC Magee on December 23. The hotel was right across the street from the hospital so it made for an easy walk over and back. It was also nice to have a Panera Bread in with the hotel as well.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thanks for staying with us. I'm glad you found the hotel to be conveniently located to the hospital. Many of our guests find our location to be perfect for their needs. The Panera Bread Cafe is a huge plus as well. I hope everything went well at the hospital. I wish your father a speedy recovery! Come back and see us the next time you're in town.

Have a Happy New Year.

Girard, Pennsylvania, Usa
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Please make sure that you explain to your customers you are a credit card only hotel. I was very embarrassed when I wanted to pay for our rooms in cash and you gave me such a hard time about it. Also our rooms were filthy. Would appreciate a clean room.

Room Tip: mold on shower curtain & sticky carpet were very unpleasant
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Ben G, Manager at Quality Inn University Center, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Thank you for your comments and for staying with us back in October. I apologize if you were given any bad information from our staff or your travel agent regarding the payment policy. We do accept cash. However, cash is only accepted at check-out. A credit card is required at check in. I have shared your comments with the housekeeping staff. I'm sorry that there were problems with your rooms. If you wish to discuss these matters further, please contact me at 412-683-6104.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Huntingdon, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 December 2013

This was a great spot to meet up with family. Central to where we wanted to visit. Ben and Sheila were great. Friendly staff, clean hotel. Needs a little updating, but I didn't mind the issues. Will stay again if in the area. Panera Bread beneath the hotel was a bonus.

Room Tip: We were located near the elevator, but there was no issue with noise.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a nice review. It was a pleasure having you as our guest. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was friendly. I will share your kind words with the entire team. I did want to let you know that we are in the process of upgrading many areas of the hotel. New furniture has been placed in all rooms and new carpet and wallpaper is coming soon. If you're coming back to town any time soon, let us know. We'd love to have you again!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!