“Great Place to Stay”

Ranked #36 of 71 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Niagara Falls, New York
“Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Decided to use this hotel as it was close to the city (3 miles) and had lots of parking for my trailer. I stayed 2 nights and everything was neat and clean. From here you can literally be downtown in minutes. The staff were friendly and rooms are all newly refurbished. You also get the usual free breakfast in the morning which is a great way to start your day. Would definitely stay here again when in the Pittsburgh area.

Room Tip: Lots of parking even if you have a trailer!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank timothy r
Michelle B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh West, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words! We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Pittsburgh.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
South Pasadena, California
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Holiday Inn Express Green Tree Road Pittsburgh is one of the best and cleanest Holiday Inns we have ever stayed in USA or anywhere. It's absolutely immaculate and top class.

Beautiful and spacious lobby, large but very clean rooms, bath rooms, good linen, nice breakfast, clean break fast area, free parking, easy access to freeways and most of all the friendly staff.

Our family stayed in this hotel during 2nd week March 2014 in 02 rooms and it was really a wonderful stay.

We highly recommend this hotel to any and we certainly return if we happen to be around Pittsburgh.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Asoka B G
Michelle B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh West, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Thank you so much for your positive review. We work hard to ensure each and every guest has a pleasant stay. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Carnegie
Reviewed 9 February 2014

My family and I stay in this chain regularly and this is the best one that we have stayed in so far. The hotel was recently updated and it was very clean. We had a nice selection for breakfast and they varied the selection with omelets and bacon or sausage to keep it interesting. The staff were friendly and nice and there was ample room to sit and and eat. We took advantage of the shuttle bus to go see Wicked! while we were there and the drive was polite and friendly and offered to drop us as a restaurant before the show. She also was waiting for us when we exited the theater, she was waiting for our call and left immediately to get us. All the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful.
As a former local to the area, the location of this hotel to the vicinity of Downtown and Oakland, plus the easy access on and off the Parkway West close to the tunnels is ideal for avoiding the bulk of the rush hour traffic in the morning. This location has a direct on and off ramp to the parkway. I will suggest this location for all my family's out of town guests. This would be a suitable location for someone who doesn't want to have a car while visiting as well due to the proximity to the Port AuthorityTransit from Downtown and the shuttle bus to get you there.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Cbecons
Mercer, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Breakfast attendant on Monday January 13th 2014 was extremely rude and served sour milk. I told her and she said "there's a Giant Eagle over there". When i asked for a manager she said "I am in charge". What a shame that a newly renovated hotel has that kind of employee.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank m s
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh West, responded to this review, 14 September 2014
Dear m s,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am disappointed to know you did not enjoy your overall experience with us due to the level of service received. Thank you for bringing this up to our attention and rest assured, these issues will be looked into. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Best Regards,

Charisse V
Case Manager
IHGCare
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I was in Pittsburgh for 2 nights for a Pittsburgh Steelers game. When I first showed up I was a little confused because it's no longer Best Western, it's now a Holiday Inn as of December 19th. I was worried about the location and the construction everyone was talkng about but neither was an issue. Here's a breakdown of some of my thoughts:

Hotel Lobby/Breakfast:
The decor was really lovely. When you enter into the lobby, to the right is a lounge area with TVs etc. This is where you have the continental breakfast in the morning. The breakfast was yummy, they even had this pancake making machine that I've never seen before that will roll out 2 sizeable pancakes. There was also eggs, sausages, biscuits, cereal, yoghurt and it was all you can eat. It was also really nice in the morning to eat breakfast with all the Steelers fans joining, wearing all their Steelers clothing and accessories.

Rooms:
I had a room with 1 king size bed. It was a big room, with a couch and desk. Really clean. The shower was nice and hot and the decor in the room was trendy. My only issue was there was no extractor fan in the bathroom (not really a big deal, but the only criticism I had on the room).

Location/ Shuttle Service
This was a really great feature of the hotel, and quite frankly a smart idea for the hotel considering their location. You have to sign up for morning shuttle services. The first morning I didn't do this, but it wasn't a problem however on game day you want to sign up quickly. On my first morning they dropped me off anywhere I wanted in town and on game day there were specific drop off locations. Whenever I wanted to be picked up you call the shuttle service line and they are out to get you within 20 minutes. I was worried about the location because it is out of the main town, but with this service it is truly not an issue at all unless you want to party the night away because 10pm is last call for pick up back to the hotel. There are some surrounding restaurants you can walk to, but I didn't explore this area.

Hotel Service
The staff couldn't have been more friendly, from the cleaning ladies, the breakfast server and front desk staff. They were genuine and happy to help with any hotel requests or to share info on Pittsburgh. They really did make me feel super welcome. My only criticism is that there is no place in the hotel to buy a drink (no bar) and socialize that way with other hotel guests.

Overall
If I were going back for a weekend in Pittsburgh (particularly a Steelers game), I wouldn't hesistate to return. If I wanted a weekend with a night on the town in Pittsburgh, where I want to stay out super late, then I might want to stay somewhere walking distance to nightlife in the city.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank skittles29
Michigan
Reviewed 29 December 2013

This Best Western location was right off the highway and is located less than 10 minutes from downtown Pittsburgh.The room was great and comfortable. At the time we went they had a happy hour and they had free beverages in the lounge. The breakfast in the morning was great and it was the best breakfast we have ever had at a Best Western hotel. A Giant Eagle grocery store is located behind the hotel in a mostly closed/empty mall.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family