Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh West
US$204
US$202
US$178
  • Pool
Omni William Penn Hotel(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$149
US$161
Hyatt.com
  • Breakfast included
SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh North Shore(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
US$117
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspancake machineshuttle service to downtownfree shuttlegreat shuttleindoor poolour room was spaciousstayed one nightthe breakfast areathe hotel offersa great stayfree breakfastcheck in was easyminute drivepenguins gamewould stay here againvery nice hotelgreat room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Pittsburgh is a pretty expensive city hotel wise. The HIE is reasonably priced and located a short drive away. Best bit is that the hotel offers a complimentary shuttle so you don't even have to drive. The hotel itself is clean with a nice big breakfast area. Lots of free parking (something you can't get if you stay in the city). Beds are comfy and rooms are reasonably sized. The staff are probably some of the most professional and friendly folks I've met - from the reception to the shuttle drivers - everyone was great. We'll stay here again when we come back for a Steelers or Penguins game.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank xtinecarmen
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed here over the weekend for a quick getaway. Hotel located about 1.5 mile from Rivers Casino and downtown attractions. Hotel room, very nice, breakfast included for all guests. Shuttle available for downtown places. Just in case you didn't want to drive.Too far to walk. Customer service was outstanding. Pricing was affordable. Luke Bryan concert at Heinz Field on Saturday caused traffic issues downtown. We tried to get in casino owned parking lot but was told it would cost $60 to park. In order to get the $60 back we would have to stay at the casino for at least 1 hr playing or 4 hrs at the tables. We did not go in. We went to The Meadows gaming and racetrack about 30 minutes away instead. Would we stay again. Probably!

1  Thank Kevin D
Reviewed 21 June 2014

The hotel itself was great. Free parking and free breakfast. We booked this hotel based on the shuttle. The shuttle service was great however traffic into Pittsburg is bumper to bumper at all times. We booked this hotel to go to PNC Park to see a game. Even though it is 2.5 miles from the park we sat in traffic for about 30 minutes. We then waited about 40 minutes for the hotel shuttle to come back to pick us up and since traffic was so bad it took an additional 30 minutes to get back to the hotel.
There is also nowhere to eat around this hotel. This hotel does not have room service so the only place that was close by and open was an Olive Garden.
The hotel itself is great but if you are looking for the convenience of PNC Park or exploring downtown I would recommend staying at a hotel in downtown itself.

Room Tip: Free Parking
2  Thank Lauren V
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh West, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Lauren V,

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review of our property. I am pleased to know that you found our hotel highly commendable. It is always motivating on our end to receive commendable feedback from our valued guests like you.

I understand your stay was not 100% satisfactory, please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience you may have experience during your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again here in Pittsburgh.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 16 June 2014

The customer service at this hotel is very lacking. First night we were given a room behind the elevator. At 10pm we were still trying to sleep but could not because of the elevator noise going up and down (room 501). My husband had to get dress and go downstairs and ask for another room. They gave us another room, same floor. Why in the world would you give a family with little kids the loud room next to the elevator when you had other rooms available on the same floor. We had to pick up our kids and our bags and move. No apology, no help. The second room the second night they put people next to us that were parting all night. 2am I am still trying to sleep when a loud argument breaks out, 2:45 fighting, pounding and furniture faling, it sounded like a women and a man were fighting, we called front desk and told them to call the cops or we were going to call, 3am Police bangs on door next store and then on the one room across the hall. Around 3:30 police left and about this time I got the bill for this very expensive room slipped under my door. We could not sleep for the rest of the night. The next morning I called down and told them of our night and asked if I could get the cost for this night reduced because we did not sleep. I was told there was no manager on staff until 2pm. The phone got transfered from attendent to attendent who would very rudly ask "how can I help you" and I was forced to restate my reasons for calling and then told the same thing. I have to talk to a manager. There was no apology, there was no taking down my number so the manager can call me back, nor asking what room I was in. They told me that I needed to call back again around 2pm after my checkout time to take to a manager. This hotel was not full the parking lot was pretty empty so I don't think they didn't have the room to spread people out especially people with babys and toddlers. I can't believe after a fight and police they let the poeple stay and then there was not an apology or a discount to the room that bordered the disturbance. I did not call back because its not worth my time or money. I will never ever stay at a holiday inn hotel again. Oh and about the renevations. They were very sloppy and you can tell they were rushed. The hardware was not even taken out when they painted so there is still traces of the old paint. The hardware they did take off were put in crooked. You can still see the old paint through the new paint color because no primer was used and it is only one coat. New paint is cracking off. The doors were taken off the closets and the cheap alternative is a see through curtain.

Room Tip: Don't get room 501 behind elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank gmkith
Michelle B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh West, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Hello Gmkith,

It saddens me to hear what an unpleasant stay you had. I am so sorry we didn't meet nor exceed your expectations. We would never want any guest to have a bad experience. I am extremely frustrated with the other patrons who felt it was "ok" to have a screaming match in the hallway & have no regards for any other guests in the hotel. I am glad that the Police handled the situation promptly.

I was also happy to hear that the information you left with the desk staff was passed along to Chad. He is the Front Desk Manager and was the one who reached out to you on Sunday 6/15/14. He wanted to let you know that your frustration was recognized and he issued a credit of 1 night room and tax. He was also hoping to extend an sincere apology as well. I have confirmed that this credit was issued so there would be no further delays.

Again I am so sorry for the inconveniences you and your family encountered and if you would like to talk anymore in regards, please call me at your convenience 412-922-7070 x 150.

Kind Regards,
Michelle Battista

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This is a beautiful property so glad its now a Holiday Inn Express and Suites. The room was very clean and spacious. I couldn't say enough from check in to check out flawless. They did more than the norm for Breakfast it was plentiful and they had two hostesses who couldn't be nicer. I am impressed and the value for the money is tremendous. My new place to stay whenever we visit Pittsburgh!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces away from the Parkway.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

YAY!!! Thanks Bob L. We really appreciate you taking the time to write such a kind review! Our staff will be so pleased.

Till next time.