“Back again for a Hot Pot”
Review of Top Shabu-Shabu

Top Shabu-Shabu
Ranked #363 of 2,429 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

I make it back to Pitt and stop by my favorite place. This time I ordered off the regular menu and had them fix it. It was great. I had the hot spicy Seafood. It had the Right Touch of Spice with plenty of seafood. The lotus root was cooked just right. I usually get the Hot Pot but when you need it quick and you're just by yourself ordering off the menu is a great way to go. Great staff always there to help you when you don't know what you're doing, don't be afraid to ask.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

This is easily the best hot pot I've ever had. Did the lamb, shrimp, and fatty beef. YUM The staff is really friendly, food is fresh and everything was delicious. I brought a friend with me who never had hot pot and she's been twice since taking her there last week.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 21 December 2017

We were unfamiliar with the concept of hot pot when we decided to give it a try, if you are unfamiliar here is a brief description. You sit at a table someone reminiscent of a Japanese steakhouse where there is a cooking surface built into the table, in this case it's a sunken hole that will hold a broth pot. Each diner gets their own pot of broth, and it is cooked in the table to a boiling point. Each guest then picks from a selection of meats, noodles, broths, vegetables, and sauces. You then cooke each of these items in your pot and enjoy the soup you created. There is enough of everything to cook 3-4 bowls of soup, so you can gorge yourself on your creation, or everyone can cook 4 bowls of their creation and everyone enjoys up to 4 different soups.

That said, this is a great experience, and the food is authentic, not your typical Chinese Restaurant wonton soup.The staff is great, and took an abnormal amount of time explaining to us how everything works. There is a good selection of American and Asian drinks to try as well. So, take your friends or family out for a really great experience.

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank mikelC7721LH
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

We visited the place on a Sunday for lunch. My daughter recommended it for lunch and we went with her.

The food was good. It was different from what we are used to and in that regards it delivered. All sorts of meats, veggies, with three bases. Service wasn't bad.

If anything I'll say that it was really hard to to have a conversation due to the noise levels, both from conversations and from background music. It was not loud, just overwhelming and relentless. I'll say that I was relieved when I left.

If you are young and hip, this is a perfect place for you. Sadly, I'm not anymore

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank GreggyV
Reviewed 7 April 2017

We'd never been to a hotpot (hot pot?) place before and were pleased to find one close to our hotel this visit. It was fun, the people were nice, the selection was outstanding - go give it a try!

Date of visit: April 2017