“disappointed”

Cuisines: American
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 25 October 2009

We had dined here before and at the predecessor Baum Vivant are were impressed. This time we dined before an opera. Before presenting us with the specials, the waiter announced that our table was reserved for 7:30 - we had a 6:00 reservation. First time sfor that. Later, he did come back and say that if we ran later it was OK. He must have known something. When the soup arrived - along with the wine, he pointed rather abruptly to the waitress where the bowls belonged. By 7:15 we were finished with the entres and the waiter disappeared. At 7:30 I insisted on assurances that we would make the curtain if we ordered dessert. I also insisted that he bring the check with the desserts. We did make it, but somehow I expected more from this restaurant. Maybe they treat regulars better.

There are newer reviews for Cafe Zao

Reviewed 17 September 2009

I love this place. It's so convenient to all the venues in the Cultural District, that it has become my "fallback" option of a great place to eat before or after a show. The food is very tasty, although portions are on the small side. The menu varies regulary and often. I have found so many choices on it between the beginning and end of the Theater Season that going back more than once a season is a very good idea.

Reviewed 12 January 2009

Convenient to the theaters, great service. Food was just ok.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook