“Love this place!”
Review of Le Lyonnais

Le Lyonnais
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Lyonnais is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #122 of 2,220 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Tenth St.
Transit: yes
Description: “French comfort food”. These three words may not seem like they belong together but they do here at Le Lyonnais. Our concept is one of simple, affordable, yet delicious dishes inspired by time honored recipes from my hometown of Lyon some of which have been in my family for generations.
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Visited this place while on a business trip, I was very impressed with the menu offerings, so many interesting items, hard to pick among so many delicious choices. Reasonably priced and the wine menu was superb, offering all types of amazing wines.

I wanted to go back there to try more dishes but time was limited, so I am keeping this in the radar for the next time.

Great job!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I had a clam chowder, it was very average, yet too overpriced. They do not offer other than sourdough for the bread bowl...

Reviewed 1 May 2014

We wanted to have a special experience. The restaurant is certainly stunning to look at. disappointing experience with most of the wait staff. Hardly any choices for vegetarian/vegan friendly food. Our experience was special, but not in a good way. I would not recommend anyone go here.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Good - great food, pleasant atmosphere.Waiter who was pompous and insulting. Manager worked very hard to save the experience but he too was a bit pushy. Next wait staff very engaging and pleasant. Pasta & desserts were very good. Special thanks to the chef who prepared an off the menu item to replace item on menu the waiter discouraged us from trying in his arrogant voice & responses.

1  Thank sandy g
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My family went to this restaurant to celebrate our son's graduation. It is a beautiful place and having read the reviews we anticipated good food. We weren't given a wine menu, and had to ask our waiter for one after he made a point of gloating about how the wine list was what they were known for...Then, we had to wait over 30 minutes for our appetizers to show up. The manager came over to apologize about our "lost ticket" but a complimentary glass of wine for my husband, the only wine drinker in our party of five, would have gone a long way...Our daughter had to wait even longer for her bowl of soup after everyone else was FINALLY served. Her chowder was excellent, rich and creamy. My vegetarian. onion soup was mediocre at best. My husband loved his naan and our son's chili was tasty.
For the main course, I had a seafood BLT that was horrible, with undercooked bacon, a greasy crab patty and served with a soggy hamburger roll. My husband had the Korean bbq sandwich and he liked it. Our daughter didn't like her chicken sandwich at all and left the horrible bacon on the side which is unheard of for her! Our son had the chorizo omelet and he liked it but thought it was a little overcooked and dry. The wine is overpriced. I guess someone has to pay for the beautiful restrooms in the back!

1  Thank FrogNJ1