“Great food and service.”
Review of Dish Osteria & Bar - CLOSED

Dish Osteria & Bar
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Southside Flats
Robinson, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great food and service.”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I have eaten several times at this restaurant and I must say that it is a favorite of everyone in our family. The food is always very good and mad with fresh ingredients. Always an interesting menu. Great service and a wonderful place for couples or families. A definite must try!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Cindy C

Pennsylvania
“Great spot, worth the wait”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

It has been a while since I have eaten here so tried it again. The place was packed on a Monday night and we had to wait for our reservations. The front room was very crowded and we were essentially standing on top of people eating. The back room, where we ate, was cozier and quieter so we had a good dining experience. The only down point was the server who rushed us at every point, insisting that we place app orders with our dinner orders "due to the wait". The food was top notch, worth the price, just wish we weren't encouraged to burn through our meal to clear the table.

1 Thank veffekt
Phoenix, Arizona
“A Bit of Sicily in Pittsburgh!”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

This was my third visit to Dish, a place I found by accident several years ago while driving around the block looking for a place to park to visit another restaurant. It is located in South Pittsburgh, several blocks south of the Carson Street strip of restaurants and clubs in what at first glance would appear to be a house. There is a very small sign next to the door announcing the entrance to DISH. Once inside, the aroma's coming from the kitchen take over and your mouth will begin to water.
After the opening glass of Prosecco and or my Favorite Italian Beer (Moretti La Rossa), I recommend the Antipasto Siciliano and the Formaggi and Salumi for the table and from the inexpensive Sicilian wines (try the Frappatto) or other very good selections priced very reasonably for a restaurant. The Chef prides himself in changing his dinner menu daily, based on what he can find locally that is fresh. The evening I was at the restaurant, I ordered one of the off menu specials of the day; a Gnocchi that melted in your mouth. Our table of six each ordered a different entrée and with our group, you can tell when they are HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY as my Granddaughter would say because not a peep was heard as the food disappeared off the plates. Dish is frankly one of my best finds in many years. And, if the Chef finds out you are Italian and from Sicily (As I am), at some point during dinner he will be standing behind you wanting to know what you think.... Did I forget to mention that the service is excellent and our server was able to answer all questions regarding both the menu and the wine list!!
So, Mangiare, mangaire!!! Buon Appetito!!!!

1 Thank pftambur
Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania
“Waited too long to try this awesome place.”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

This restaurant is tucked into a side street in the Southside of Pittsburgh. Get your maps out folks and try it. The ambiance, the attentive staff, the quaint decor were just the start. The bartender is a genius and mixes every drink with love and a smile. The owner greets you and seats you. The dishes are hard to describe. Italian with attention to each and every bite. My son had cuttlefish and linguine in a spicy black sauce. I had port tenderloin with the best homemade ricotta gnocchi EVER, and a side of spinach that was cooked to perfection. Each bite was a pure pleasure, starting with the appetizer. I don't remember when I've had such a good waitress!

We topped the meal off with Tiramisu that seemed sent from the heavens above. Reservations are required, but if you want to take the time and truly enjoy a fabulous meal in a relaxed atmosphere, surrounded by people that really care about your dining experience, this is a MUST TRY! You'll go back.

1 Thank DEB L
Pennsylvania
“One of the Best”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Had a wonderful meal as usual at this place. Have not been disappointed yet. I had pasta with seafood and my wife had a rolled pork entree with gnocchi. The gnocchi had no sauce but it was one of the best versions I ever had. Service was excellent and the wine selection was very good.
The pasta is always cooked the right amount and very tasty. I highly recommend this place. For dessert we had a pumpkin brulee that was fabulous.

• Visited October 2013