“good pizza”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I liked everything about this place and the food was great. I had a pizza and salad takeout and it was fabulous. I showed up a little late in the evening and the staff was very accommodating. Give them a try not to expensive either

There are newer reviews for Sarafino's Pasta & Pizza

Reviewed 23 November 2013

The restaurant business is crazy so be that as it may the staff does a good job of juggling anxious diners eager to get to the food. Relax, BYOB, talk to your friends. Joe is doing a fantastic job. Always have the vodka penne but spotted the veal chop which is next on my list. I'm sure it won't disappoint.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

We had been searching for a good Italian place with BYOB, and this place is right in our backyard! It's small so we like to get there early (opens at 4) to get a table without a wait. The house salad dressing is excellent, with a little sweetness. You can pick your pasta type, then you sauce, and add meatball or sausage. They also have pasta specialties, panini, and pizza. I had the linguini with red clam sauce and it was the best I have ever had! My husband had linguini with pomodoro sauce and added a meatball and sausage. The portions are HUUUUUUGE! With appetizer and salad , you could easily split an entree. They have daily specials as well. And the pizza rocks! Corkage is $5, very reasonable.

Reviewed 6 May 2013

I would like to start by saying I have been here many times with great food, and on this night the service by the wait staff was great. However, my fiancé and I have never had a worse meal in our lives. Perhaps the regular chef was not there on may 2 but that is no excuse.
I ordered the Della's spring diavola. It is supposed to be a spicy sauce with garlic, peas, pancetta, sage leave and parm cheese. What I got was literally a bowl of noodles with disgustingly burnt pancetta, a little sauce with no taste and probably 3 cans of peas dumped on top and an entire half of a raw onion. I am not a picky eater and couldn't eat more than 2 bites.
My fiancé ordered the Rita's. it is supposed to have garlic, pancetta, vodka sauce, parm cheese. This was worse than mine. I actually gagged after a bite that tasted like vomit. I can only better describe it as noodles in thin lukewarm milk.
This place needs to be on their a game even if the head chef isn't there. We both felt sick leaving and also from the bill.

2  Thank shoebox8402
Reviewed 30 April 2013

We drive all the way from the South Hills of Pittsburgh and don't mind it, because it is our favorite restaurant in Pittsburgh! Food is consistently fresh and authentic. They don't take reservations, so plan ahead. The greens and beans are the best in the city!!!