“Oishi? Oh Delicious,”

Oishii Bento
Ranked #998 of 2,220 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I just visited Oishi, a Korean/Japanese p,ace on Oakland Avenue between Forbes and Fifth Avenues. As so many places in this area between two major universities - University of Pittsburgh and Carnegie Mellon University - there are lots of lower priced small food shops catering, in this ca, to the huge Asian student population. In this case, therefore, I was not expecting the quality of authentic Asian Japanese/Korean food, while I would describe it as primarily Korean, and therefore, I ordered only Korean, I really suspect the Sushi and other Japanese items on their menu would probably be up to the same standards. I ordered the Katsu(Tonkatsu) Bentu and the Bulgogi Bento to go. When I arrived home, to my delight, I discovered two very large meals containing not just the entrees aforementioned, but with Gyoza, Kim chi, pickled veg. Rice and Jap chae! This was a huge meal priced at merely $7.99! And, having lived in an Asian country and witha partner who lived in Korea, would have to say that the market is definitely - and fortunately- an Asian market, which means it will fulfill your yearnings for real Asian food while being very affordable!

Reviewed 19 August 2013

This seems like a great place for students to have lunch. My beef bulgogi bento was filling but not all that tasty. Kimchi is an option and tastes good. Seating is cramped. Staff is full of good cheer.

Reviewed 7 November 2012

Bento is great, with good taste and reasonable price.
Sushi tastes good, though the price is a little bit higher than expected.
Not quite used to the soup, but it's still ok.

Reviewed 24 September 2012 via mobile

I don't eat Asian food to often but when I do this is my favorite spot in Pittsburgh. I recommend Tofu TeriyakiBento for vegetarians.

Reviewed 14 August 2011

Nothing but great experiences here. Been here many times and the food is always fresh and delicious. The owners personable and interesting to talk to.