My husband I stayed at the Hampton Inn Green Tree when we visited Pittsburgh because I cross-checked a deal on hotels.com with reviews on TripAdvisor. We were very happy with our choice for many reasons.
1) Great hospitality. The staff was excellent. They not only checked us in early, but they were very friendly and answered all of our questions about the area. They are so well-prepared for visitors they had pre-printed restaurant guides and pre-printed direction cards for movie theaters, neighborhoods in Pittsburgh, landmarks, etc. There is also a 24 hour coffee/tea/hot chocolate bar that is kept spotless. The hard candies in the glass jar on the front desk was a nice touch, too.
2) The rooms were great. For $101/night, I wasn't sure what we would get, but it was nice. It was clearly recently remodeled with new furniture, new fixtures in the bathroom, a minifridge, plenty of outlets, a love seat with 2 ottomen (ottomans??? Never had to make that plural before!), a space-saving rolling desk, a lapdesk, flatscreen TV with HBO and a very comfy bed.
3) Convenience. One of the reasons we chose this hotel was because of the shuttle service. It runs frequently and to the parts of the city most people want to see. My husband and I ended up driving around the city rather than taking the shuttle due to weather and the eclectic things we wanted to see and do, but it was nice knowing it was there. It's also in a great location - close to everything you'd want to do.
4) Breakfast buffet wasn't bad at all. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it there was something for everyone. Hot dishes, cold dishes, something for everyone. it's not breakfast at a 5 star restaurant, but it will get your day started off on a fully tummy.
My only quibble is the doors let a lot of sound through at times. We could hear a lot of talking in the hallway. Also, we had a room that adjoined the one next door; although we obviously kept the door closed and locked, we could still hear the conversations sometimes.
I wold definitely stay here again! Great job, Hampton Inn Green Tree!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree hotel is three miles away from downtown Pittsburgh and the North Shore - providing free shuttle to and from local businesses and nearby attractions. We're located 10 miles away or less from: the Pittsburgh Zoo, Oakland University Center, Andy Warhol Museum, CONSOL Energy Center, Carnegie Mellon University, Heinz Field, Kennywood Amusement Park, University of Pittsburgh, PNC Park and more. Our clean, comfortable guest rooms include free WiFi, hot breakfast, microwaves and mini-refrigerators, fitness center, seasonal outdoor pool, business center and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree Hotel Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh Hampton Inn