“Great stay in Pittsburgh!”

Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Greentree
Ranked #15 of 72 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed 3 days at this Hampton as we explored Pittsburgh for the first time. The location was great and the staff was helpful and friendly. We enjoyed breakfast, as well as, the fitness room and the outdoor pool. The rates were very reasonable (especially compared to the hotel rates downtown) and we received so many extras. We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to our friends.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Write a ReviewReviews (1,138)

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I just stayed a night at this hotel over the weekend. Let me start by saying there was really nothing wrong with this hotel. It was clean and affordable. However, it was kind of stuck in the middle of nowhere sandwiched next to a highway. I've stayed at a ton of hotels in Pittsburgh, and this is about as remote of a hotel that I have stayed in. It just felt out of the way, which I guess for some people is a plus. We missed it driving by the first time even with the GPS because you can't really see it. My sons went in the pool, but it was very small and not real deep, so they quickly lost interest. A couple of the lounges were broken by the pool, which made lounges a premium. Someone even put towels down to save them like they were at a Club Med. Very strange. The breakfast was ok. That was one of the reasons we picked this hotel. I have been at other Hamptons and the breakfast was far better. If you are looking for a clean, inexpensive, no frills hotel, this is the one for you. Nothing memorable, very forgettable. Probably won't go back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This location is great!!!! Very close to major highway, VERY quite, dog friendly, friendly staff, great rooms and a very good breakfast selection. We did not use the pool area. We were here over the 4th of July. Even with the hotel very busy - we did not hear any noise. And coming back to the hotel one evening we had to stop to allow the deer to graze near the driveway. If you are not familiar with the area it can be tricky to find. I recommend printing directions if you do not have a GPS. I was surprised to see credit card/atm card readers for the drink machines.
Downtown Pittsburgh is only about 15 minutes away. You may want to ask the front desk about Tram/subway/bus transportation if you are going to downtown for day of sight seeing. Especially if you are not used to big city traffic.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2014

It was a 2-night stay for me while I was visiting Pittsburgh. The hotel is located in a very quite area. It might be just a little hard to locate if you are not having GPS, but who doesn't have that these days. Check-in was fast. I was asked if I needed any recommendations for nearby restaurants, but with Google/Yelp, I had that covered. Room was sufficiently sized for 2 people. Everything was clean. Bed certainly could have been more comfortable (box-spring based mattress). It will probably be a while when memory-foam mattress will become a commonplace things in the hotels. Wi-Fi worked as expected. No issues with the speed. Breakfast was alright the first morning (weekday). Cereals/bread/bagels/muffins/juice/coffee/scrambled eggs/fruits..The next day (July 4th) had much better breakfast, which we appreciated. The breakfast area had sufficient seating capacity which is mostly problems in hotels offering complimentary breakfast. I liked the fact that they had 24 hr free coffee in the lobby.

The parking is sufficient around the hotel, and as I mentioned earlier, seems to be a very safe/quite neighborhood. Not too far from downtown as well. I was able to locate several fast food joints, and decent restaurants within couple of miles. I would certainly consider the hotel again if i revisit Pittsburgh.

1  Thank joshmilind
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel in Pittsburgh from the welcoming and hospitable staff, to the very clean room which was cleaned and made up very nicely every day for three days. All the amenities such as the flat screen TV and countless channels to the wonderful hot breakfasts and happy hours with beer and wine and hamburgers/macaroni and cheese/ and beans or pasta salad, we felt totally welcomed. The only downside I felt was the remoteness of the hotel. No shopping, no restaurants close by and unless you drove, you felt isolated. But the hotel has a wonderful shuttle bus that will take you downtown and to 12 locations on the hour as well as pick you up by 9 pm. The drivers were friendly and accommodating and even took us on side trips to see sights that were not part of the drive to our destinations.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

This Hampton Inn was just ok. A couple of issues were that the in-room air conditioner was very loud and noise from the surrounding rooms could be heard throughout the night. The bed sheets also smelled of cigarette smoke (we were in a nonsmoking room and no one in our party in the room smokes). Bed itself was not very comfortable. Staff seems adequate. The complimentary breakfast was just ok. There was only skim milk available for the cereal and a not very large selection of available food items. Seating was adequate for the breakfast area.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I very much enjoyed my stay at this hotel the room was really nice and the front desk girl Taylor was very sweet and friendly. She gave us tons of advice on where to eat and I appreciated that a lot. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014