Hampton Inn Pittsburgh Greentree
SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh North Shore(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
US$261
US$132
US$123
Doubletree.com
Very Good 4/5
Hyatt Place Pittsburgh-North Shore(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$177
Hyatt.com
1,164 results
All reviewsshuttle servicefree shuttleroom was cleanoutdoor poolcomplimentary breakfastpirates gameclose to downtowngreat place to stayoatmealwould stay here againthe breakfast areaminute drivefront desk staffstation squarenice stayheinz fieldpnc park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights in mid-July. We were driving up from central MD to visit relatives. The property is a bit difficult to find but the GPS knew how to locate.

Pros: Facility is clean and in good shape. Breakfast offerings were abundant. Rooms were significantly cheaper than the "downtown" hotels plus you get free parking. Best feature was the free shuttle which can take you to any number of downtown destinations AND bring you back later.

Cons: Like all Hampton Inns, the rooms are hermetically sealed so the windows do not open. This was unfortunate because it was cool in the evenings and I would have liked to open a window to get some fresh air. The location is fairly close to downtown, but getting into town involves a tunnel and a bridge. This creates a bottle-neck and the highways in and out of town were pretty much jammed all day.

All things considered, we would stay here again if we were in Pittsburgh.

1  Thank SD2468
Leah C, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh Greentree, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Hello,

I really appreciate your taking the time to review your stay with us here in Pittsburgh. We are located a few turns off of the highway, and I am glad your GPS aided you in finding us! Pittsburgh traffic can be chaotic, so our shuttle van helps with any guests who do not want to drive to and from the city. I am happy to hear you were able to use the complimentary shuttle service!

Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again if your travels ever bring you back to Pittsburgh!

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I don't even know where to begin... worst hotel I have ever visited in my adult life. When we showed up at check in I was informed that our room wasn't ready... the people before us checked out late, left a mess and smoked pot in the room. I REFUSED to stay in that room. I prepaid for a 2 queen room... they replaced the pot room with a room that had 1 queen bed and it was the most uncomfortable bed I've ever laid in. Our AC would only work for about 2 mins per hour and our room was insanely hot and sticky. Our bathroom floor was disgusting and the ceiling was covered in deep brown stains. The pillows were flat and everything there had a strange odor. The front desk people were incredibly rude a d informed me that 'everyone' smokes pot in the rooms. Isn't that nice? Management seriously needs to take a look at the operations of this place. I was incredibly unhappy with my stay and feel like I just flushed my money right down the drain. I am usually a big Hampton Inn fan... unfortunately I am not today....probably has something to do with my terrible sleep I had last night.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank sinep9078
Leah C, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh Greentree, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Hello,

I would like to start by saying thank you very much for writing about your recent stay at our hotel. We are truly sorry you were dissatisfied with our guestrooms and staff. We strive for all of our guests to enjoy a quality stay with us, and evidently that was not the experience you had and we are sorry. We did have housekeeping and maintenance inspect the room you stayed in and the issues were addressed. All Hampton Inn’s do offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for those stays that are not up to our standards. I would love to speak with you about the problems you experienced, and to go over the policy we have in place for guests who do not experience a quality stay. Please know we did extend the Satisfaction Guarantee to you.

We want to ensure that these issues will not happen again with another guest. Please feel free to call me at 412-922-0100 or email me at leah.ceraso@hilton.com.

Again, we appreciate your feedback and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. We hope you’ll stay with us again so we can offer you a great stay.

Leah Ceraso
Assistant General Manager
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree

Reviewed 27 July 2014

The hotel was really noisy, and the area of town seemed to be a little rough. The heater caused the smoke alarm to go off, and it emitted a terrible small. The walls seemed to be poorly insulated, so the sound from the neighboring rooms was very disturbing.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My daughter and I stayed here. It was a little pricier that we wanted, however, we had trouble finding another available hotel. It turned out to be just what we needed. The front desk manager (Josh) was friendly and helpful. The hotel provided a free bus to the Pirates game and advice on where to eat. We enjoyed the game and came back on the bus to the hotel around midnight. We got a good night's sleep, a decent breakfast, and went on our way. Other than a lumpy comforter and rather undone bacon, it was perfect. No complaints.

2  Thank Anonymous119
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We were in Pittsburgh for a visit to the University of Pittsburgh. We had stayed at this hotel before. From check in to check out, everything was great. The shuttle service to and from the Station Square are was an added bonus. Room was great and quiet. Very conveniently located to the highway and less than 15 minutes from Pitt on a Saturday morning.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton