“Staff makes you feel at home.”

Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Greentree
Ranked #15 of 72 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed 24 March 2010

First time at this hotel. We chose it based on other positive reviews. Always looking for a hotel close to downtown Pittsburgh that is easy to get to, quiet, clean, a good value, and free parking. This hotel had it all, plus free breakfast! The price was very reasonable. We arrived late (10PM) and headed to our room (2 queen beds) but found it to be a smoking room, contrary to our reservation request. Called the front desk and Charles was extremely nice, very apologetic, and so helpful. Since there weren't any more double non-smoking rooms, he offered two king rooms and did not charge us for the second room. We went to a nearby restaurant for a late snack on his recommendation and were very pleased. Every staff member smiled and said hello as we passed them. We felt very comfortable and welcome. The rooms were lovely, large, and clean. Great, comfortable bed, nice flat screen TV, free shuttle vans. Great value!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank ABCrocks
Write a ReviewReviews (1,137)

Reviewed 1 February 2010

I have stayed at this property for five weeks in a row and still haven't grown tired of it. I'm still just another Diamond level traveler to the front desk, but that's o.k. The beds are extremely comfortable. A wide-screen tv adds to the room comfort, as does the thermostat-controlled heating unit. Bananas have been missing from the morning breakfast buffet and I miss them a lot. Overall, a very reliable property that provides good value.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank hotelcalifornia
Reviewed 10 November 2009

This is not my first choice for lodging in Pittsburgh...but it was 'close' to my meeting and had transportation to/from airport and to/from my business meeting. The transportation alone saved me over $100 and lots of headache. For that I thank Hampton Inn Greentree. The room was beautifully decorated and clean. And there was a sense of safety about the location -- probably because there is absolutely nothing around it and therefore no 'foot traffic'. The staff was very courteous at check-in and at arranging my transportation. As usual with many of the motels today, breakfast was nothing to write home about -- there was fruit, yogurt, cereal, and hot items (egg and canadian bacon which tasted/smelled like rubber). There is a computer in the lobby for printing boarding passes and there was a fitness center (I must admit though that I didn't use it). What I did not like about the experience was that the breakfast hostess(s) were coughing over and over and over and over around the coffee/food and never once did I see them cover their mouth. What was that about? Unbelievable to say the least. That series of coughing incidens is the reason for my "average" ' rating.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank slowee08
Reviewed 4 November 2009

I checked into my room, to find cold air blowing into room from a hole underneath the air conditioner. The front desk gave me another room, which had an awful smell, like sewer pipes, coming out of the bathroom. Complained to the front desk, but they were unable to resolve it. Gym is poor, elevators are dirty and breakfast is so-so. There are also no good dinner options around, unless you drive to downtown Pittsburgh. Business travelers better look elsewhere. On top of this, I had a dog barking in a nearby room all afternoon one day!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Pietman22
hawkeye1965, Regional Director of Sales and Marketing at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Greentree, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2010

I was sorry to hear about your experience at the Hampton Inn Pittsburgh Green Tree. Since your last stay, we have a brand new and expanded fitness center plus a business center. Also, we have brought in new housekeeping staff and this has greatly improved the cleanliness of the rooms. I also invite you back to try our new waffles for breakfast!

Reviewed 15 September 2009

This is not my first choice for a hotel in the Pittsburgh area. Due to a wedding, we needed to stay closer to downtown than the airport area.

This Hampton Inn proved to be a good choice and a good value. With four adults, and two queen beds, the room was a little cramped. With two adults and a king bed, it would have worked out very well.

Front desk staff was great. The hotel was well maintained. Room was clean.

Breakfast was typical Hampton Inn, and that usually is pretty good. For someone not familiar with the area, this place would be challenging to get to.

The positives far outweigh the negatives. If you cannot stay out near the airport, for whatever reason, this hotel - about 20 minutes closer in than my favorite - is definitely worthwhile.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank stubbs1970
Reviewed 31 August 2009

We were in town to watch the Phillies-Pirates game and did some sightseeing with our young chidren. The hotel has a free shuttle which we used many times as this was our first time in Pittsburgh. They also have a free extended continental breakfast that included eggs, bagels, cereal, etc. Coffee, tea, and hot chocolate are available free 24 hours a day. Our room had 2 queen beds and a desk, with a flat screen TV and had free wireless internet service. Room was a little small, but very clean. The only things missing were a small refrigerator and more drawers for clothes. Great place for families.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank NationalTraveler09
Reviewed 30 August 2009

This hotel was clean but something about it is just really depressing to me. The rooms are very dark bc the windows are small and the carpeting is very, very old (and the carpeting in the elevators is just plain pitiful). That said, this was one of the cheaper hotels in the Pittsburgh area and the bedding and bathroom were perfectly tidy. The staff was efficient and the hotel allows pets, which in my mind is a big plus. This place is probably a good deal for the price.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple