“Nice overnighter”

Ranked #59 of 70 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Mercer, Pennsylvania
“Nice overnighter”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed one night for a wedding. I was highly impressed with the cleanliness of the room and everyone was very nice. Only complaint was the a/c could have been cooler. We also got pizza and hoagies from Joey D's, a little pricy, but overall the food was good. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
agmridc, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Allegheny Valley, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at our Comfort Inn & Suites, we do appreciate this feedback. Thank you for the kind words you expressed, the staff here does appreciate that. Again thank you and hope to see you again in the near future. we do appreciate your business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Hubertus, Wisconsin
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel as he started a new job in RIDC Park. The front desk staff was very nice. The breakfast had a good variety of things to, eat not just cereal and yogurt. The rooms were kept clean. The only complaint was that one time early in the morning a maid knocked on the door and asked if we needed anything and I said no. I didn't realize at the time she wanted to actually clean the room and that was her way of asking. Later when the room service was not done I realized what had happened. I think when people are staying over the next night or consecutive nights that the maid should not go to knock that early....clean a check out not a person staying.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
agmridc, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Allegheny Valley, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our Comfort Inn & Suites, we do appreciate this feedback as to better serve our guests. We do appreciate the kind words you expressed, and do apologize for not exceeding your expectations. We have addressed this issue with the cleaning staff in hopes it does not happen again in the future. Again thank you and we do appreciate your business
Boonsboro, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed 1 night while attending Pyrofest 2014 nearby. Although the lady at the front desk wasn't interested in helping me check in and was a bit rude, overall the stay was great. The breakfast in the morning was delicious. We will be back next year for Pyrofest 2015!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
agmridc, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Allegheny Valley, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at our Comfort Inn & Suites, we do appreciate this feedback. Thank you for the kind words you expressed, we look forward to seeing you again in the near future. We do appreciate your business.
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Average or little below average Comfort Inn. You had to walk down miles of hallways to get anywhere. Ceilings are made of concrete blocks - never seen that before! They actually had to see my AAA card before giving me the 5% off. Guess I looked dishonest? WiFi connection went out a time or two. Breakfast was a bit above average. Small spider on ceiling.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at our Comfort Inn & Suites. We do appreciate your business. I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations, and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

An average hotel close to highway make a bit noisy. Beds were ok. The room was kind of small for family with three kids. Breakfast was ok. Staff was friendly but lacks knowledge of area. Wi Fi was slow and few times dropped out. Had problem with reservation but it was corrected

Stayed April 2014
thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at our Comfort inn & Suites, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Hope to see you again in the near future. We do appreciate your business.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I stayed here for business for three nights. Clean comfortable room. Good price and nice facility. They offer a breakfast that has a good number of choices. Convienent to business, and the PA Turnpike.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to tell about your stay at our Comfort Inn & Suites, we appreciate the kind words you expressed. Again thank you and look forward to seeing you again in the near future. We do appreciate your business.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I have stayed at the hotel on business a few times, the last time being last week. The staff are pretty variable in their helpfulness, knowledge and friendliness. Mindy stood out for being one of the best. The rooms are also pretty variable in their noise level. Ones at the back of the hotel don't suffer from road noise, but some have air heating which blows through them at a rate of knots - so make the rooms very noisy. I found this particularly in the suites which didn't have individual controls, so loud wind all the time.
One room I was in - 105? had a standard air heater, but it wasn't sealed with the outside world, so as well as not heating the room, a nasty cold draft came in too which I eventually made better by wrapping a couple of towels around the considerable gap all round the heater between the outside wall and the unit.
Breakfast was pretty typical for US hotels I've stayed in. cheap plastic cutlery and plates which enabled you take breakfast with you if you needed to eat and run.
Nice pool of a good size where I could actually swim. Sadly it was only open from 10-20.00, so by the time I'd got in from the office, if I wanted to use it I had to get straight in.
the suite I stayed in was OK, although it didn't have a 'suite' feel to it as the bedroom was separated from the lounge by a glass paned set of double doors.
I think I got what I paid for, at $100 a night. so no real complaints.
All in all adequate, but not a home from home.

Room Tip: Get one away from road if you're sensative to noise, and check to see how that room is heated as...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Helen_fusion
agmridc, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Allegheny Valley, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell about your stay at our Comfort Inn & Suites, we do value this feedback as we may better serve our guests. Our number one goal is our customers satisfaction. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the near future. Also, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations during your stay. Again Thank You and we do appreciate your business.