“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #60 of 68 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Newfield
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

I was recently on a 10 day trip which took me through Lexington Kentucky and then Pittsburgh, PA. I had to stay at several hotels along my trip. Of all the Hotels I stayed at the comfort in was the nicest. It was extremely clean and the staff was also nice. The bed was comfortable and everything was exactly how you would expect a hotel to be. I can assure you that you won't be disappointed. I did not get a chance to eat at the breakfast buffet however i did get to see it and it all look pretty nice and surely would have eaten there if I had the chance.

Room Tip: I had a room with a King size bed. This room came with a desk as most but it also came with a nice c...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
agmridc, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Allegheny Valley, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our Comfort Inn & Suites, the feedback is very important to us. Thank you for the very kind words you expressed regarding you stay We hope to see you again in the in near future. Again thank you and we do appreciate your business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Greenwell Springs, Louisiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

My room was nice and comfortable but the hallways smelled old and my bathroom tub had some less than desirable items hanging around. The cafe on site was nice and accommodating. It's not a terrible hotel but I won't stay here again....sorry!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
agmridc, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Allegheny Valley, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our Comfort inn & Suites, this information is very important to us. I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations, the problems you mentioned have been addressed. Again thank you and hope to see you again in the near future. We do appreciate your business
York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

I could not believe how helpful the staff was to us. this was the first time we had stayed at this Comfort Inn. So we did not know mush about it, or the what was around it . The staff was full of answers and so nice to my Husband and I. We were here due to my grandson being at Childrens Hospital and each time one of the staff saw us they ask so how is he doing. It made me fell like they realy did care.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our Comfort Inn & Suites, this information is very important to us. We do appreciate the kind words you expressed and this will be shared with our staff. We hope to see you again in the near future. Thank you and we do appreciate your business.
Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Went to Pittsburgh in June to see our daughter graduate and to see our grandchildren. Stayed at this hotel as it was close to where we needed to be and it has a pool. The rooms are good and this time we had a fridge, micro and even a stovetop and they stocked with paper goods. The bed was comfy. We asked for a room poolside and recieved it. Granted the rooms don't open out to the pool but you can see the pool from the rooms and the door is just around the corner. The hotel is fairly quiet except when there are 2 wedding receptions going on at the same time but it wasn't unbearable. There is now an actual food service at the hotel and the loinge has regular hours now. The food from the kitchen was very good and the free breakfast was much more than the regular free breakfasts at many other hotles. If my grandchildern stay in Pittsburgh this is the hotel we will choose again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
agmridc, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Allegheny Valley, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at our Comfort Inn & Suites, we do value this feedback, as we may improve service to our customers. We do appreciate the kind words you expressed and hope to see you again in the near future. Again Thank you and we do appreciate your business
Lewistown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel has greatly improved since I last wrote a review. It is now a Comfort Inn & Suites (had been a Holiday Inn). There is now a small but good restaurant on the premises. Also, the rooms have been remodeled. One elevator near the lobby has been added. There are some things about the hotel which would be very difficult to fix. It is a spread over a substantial area and appears to have been built in parts. As a result walking distance to the lobby and complimentary breakfast room can be substantial .There can be times when you feel as though you are going through a maze.
All things considered however, our five day stay was pleasant. The employees were all helpful and considerate and the hotel was clean. Years ago I dreaded having to return to this hotel. My visits have greatly improved.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at our Comfort Inn & Suites. We do appreciate this information as we may improve service to our guests. We do appreciate the kind words you expressed about our improvements. Hope to see you again in the near future. Thank you and we do appreciate your business.
Kilcullen, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night while visiting relatives in Pittsburgh. Staff are very helpful and friendly. Our room was clean and spacious. Shower and bathroom were ok. Breakfast was pretty good as these affordable locations go. If looking for somewhere cheap and cheerful it's not a bad bet!

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at our Comfort Inn & suites, this information is very important to us. Thank you for the kind words you expressed about the staff and hotel. We hope to see you again in the near future. Thank you and we do appreciate your business.
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

We stayed here for short trip to visit some family in the surrounding area. The rooms were decent, looked like they had been recently refurbished and were more than adequate. The hotel has an indoor swimming pool, that we never used, and a decent breakfast that is included. We also liked the shower, as it had good pressure.
We had multiple problems with wake up calls. Wake up calls that we did not request. Our first night at the hotel, we received a wake up call at 6am. Then at 8am our maid came by to service the room. We were exhausted having woken up early the day previously to drive up from North Carolina, and were not prepared to wake up that early. When the maid came, she said she was there to service the room. My wife told her that we were all still sleeping, and then she asked "So you don't want the room serviced then?" Not really realizing what she was really getting at, my wife said no, and shut the door. What the maid took that as, was we didn't want service that day period... Seriously? 8am? Absolutely absurd. We made sure to put the "Do Not Disturb" tag on the door every night before bed. And as far as the wake up calls, we called the front desk to tell them we did not request the wake up call, nor did we want anymore, yet next day we received the same call at the same time. We again expressed our frustration with the front desk, and we proceeded to unplug the phone for the rest of our stay to make sure we didn't have this issue again.
We stayed in room 166, and my in-laws who also were at the hotel stayed in room 159. It seemed like their room was a better room, in that they had a fridge, microwave and stove in their room, and our room had strange quirks like you had to keep the light switch near the door turned on, in order to have power to some of the outlets. This was a problem as I had brought some video to edit on my laptop and there was an occasion where the maid shut off the switch, thus cutting power to my computer which caused it to die and lose a good bit of the work I had previously done. Sleep quality in the beds was ok, not great.
Really, there aren't much better options in this area of town, so I'm hard pressed to say I'd never stay here again. If I had my choice, I'd definitely pass, but you may find it difficult to find a better option here.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
agmridc, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Allegheny Valley, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our Comfort Inn & Suites, this information is very important to us, as we may improve service to our customers. On behalf of myself and our staff I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. We have addressed these issues with the Housekeeping Department in hopes of not happening again. Again thank you and we hope to see you again in the near future. We do appreciate your business