2,453 results
All reviews front desk alumni hall carnegie mellon visiting pitt parking fee the shuttle driver free shuttle hotel shuttle within miles hotel restaurant convenient location housekeeping staff marvin sailors cmu wedding henry
Reviewed 21 June 2018

Although the hotel is clean, staff in the EVENING was pleasant and the pool was nice. The staff during the day was a bit pushy, we had been advised to make a reservation for a ride to the hospital for surgery the night before , when we asked about it in the morning they said they do no such thing and that it was first come first serve and that i could wait and see if there was a shuttle available. Also we had booked a suite, when we got there they tell us that we had received an "upgrade" because the room we booked was not available in there hotel although we booked directly through there website. The upgrade was mood lighting and an air freshener. We had to have a microwave and refrigerator delivered to the room and was offered no refund for the difference in the reservation. Also my husband is 6 7" and we had booked a King junior suite and ended up with a double room so he hung off the bed - which we slept seperately and the blanket wouldnt even cover all of him at the same time - if his chest was covered his feat were not. We will not be booking at this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Coleman H, General Manager at Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Thank you for your response on TripAdvisor. I am sorry that we failed to deliver the guest room you requested and overall service needed for such an important visit. I ask that you contact me directly so that I may reconcile this situation to your full satisfaction. My contact information is below.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

What a great affordable place to stay in the city of Pittsburgh!! I booked my room the night before for a really great rate, and when I went to check in the next day, there had been a mixup with the type of room that I was signed up for. At the front desk, Marvin quickly assisted me, and got things straight for my room accommodations. He also got me signed up for the garage parking, which had direct access to the elevators to get in and out of the hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel when visiting Pittsburgh, and ask for Marvin.

Room Tip: 5th Floor King Bedroom is the way to go.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brandon P
Coleman H, General Manager at Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Thank you for your kind and gracious review of the Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center on TripAdvisor! I am happy that you had such a great stay, and I thank you for your recommendation of our hotel to readers of your review. I will be certain to congratulate Marvin for extending the warmth of hospitality to you during your visit as well. Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

I left my wallet in the lobby and didn't realize until I was at a restaurant across town. Marvin saw it, picked it up and kept it safe at the front desk until I got back. Super customer service and a stand-up guy. Thanks Marvin!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Michael R

Thank you for your review of the Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that Marvin was able to assist you with returning your wallet to you, and that he delivered "Super customer service" to you. I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you again!

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

I reserved 2 deluxe rooms to ensure we had refrigerators since we were traveling with an infant whose sole source of food needs to be refrigerated. My in-laws also booked a deluxe room. When we checked in, all three rooms were regular rooms with no refrigerators. I went to the front desk to ask about getting a refrigerator brought up, as their website says they can do this, or to have them switch out room to one with a refrigerator. The front desk staff called over the radio to have a refrigerator brought up to the room. The person on the other end of the radio said there were no refrigerators to be moved, yet the front desk person turned and told me "it will be right up." Needless to say it never arrived. I requested to speak with management the following morning (a Friday) and was told they were not in, and they have yet to call me back. If you choose to stay here, make sure your room is right and in not keep insisting for them to make it right or they will just lie to you too.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. I apologize that your stay did not go well, and that we failed to deliver the guest room accommodations which you requested.My contact information is below, and I ask that you contact me so that I may resolve this situation to your satisfaction. Thank you.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Marvin at the front desk was very helpful and accommodating. I have stayed here a few times now and definitely plan on returning. The location is just steps away from University of Pittsburgh which is a huge plus and there is ample amount of parking.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Billy Y
Coleman H, General Manager at Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Thank you for your review of the Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you had a very positive stay and that Marvin extended the warmth of hospitality to you during your visit. I will be certain to recognize him for doing so. Thank you for staying with us and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you again!