“Great Location - Good Accomidations”

Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown
Ranked #52 of 71 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Broomall, Pennsylvania
“Great Location - Good Accomidations”
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I loved where we stayed in Pittsburgh. The Wyndham Downtown is right on the triangle and near everything in downtown Pittsburgh. We walked over the bridge to PNC Park and the Andy Warhol Museum. It was great. We ate diiner in the restaurant located in the hotel. The food was great and the service was better. The only thing I did not like about the Wyndham is that the rooms were on the smaller size and the bed was too soft for my liking. Overall it was a great stay and I would recommend this to anyone who wants to explore Pittsburgh!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the three rivers.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Kenneth K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (516)
Denver, CO
Reviewed 20 January 2012

My stay at the Wyndham Grand was superb! They hotel was beautiful and very clean. Rooms were a little small but well appointed. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The hotel is centrally located to the best of Pittsburgh. I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Kris084
New Hampshire
Reviewed 7 January 2012

This hotel is very centrally located to all of the key spots in Pittsburgh. Easy access from any direction off the highways.

My bathroom had been recently redone and was very clean (glass large shower area, granite counter, bowl sink) - very trendy. Excellent views of the city. Amenities in the room were plentiful and in perfect working condition. Staff was very helpful.

I will definitely return to this hotel if I am brought to Pittsburgh again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank tdrf
Speers, Pa.
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Stayed at the Wyndham Grand Hotel located in downtown Pittsburgh, Pa. for News Years Eve ti New Years Day. The hotel is very beautiful. The rooms have been updated. We had a beautiful view of the city when we looked out our window. The room had a king size bed with plenty of room to move in the room. The only complaint that I had was the bed could have been more firm. It was too soft for me. We ate in the restaurant in the hotel. The food was excellent and reasonably priced with large portions. The staff was very friendly, courteous, and helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms with an even number have a beautiful view of the point and river.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank sgtcurt
USA
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Rooms are clean, but quite small. Bathrooms are very small. Lobby bar was nice and bar service was very good. Location is convenient -- but then that depends on where you want to be. Front desk and bell service were OK, but not terrific. (Example: When I asked them to call the hotel shuttle for us, they gave us the telephone number and told us to call ourselves. Sure, I can do that, but it is not four star service!). Speaking of the shuttle, the driver promised to pick us up at 6:45pm but did not show up until 7:10 pm. If they offer this service, they should deliver what they offer. Parking at the hotel was too expensive -- $26/day. We found a lot 7 minute walk away for $5/day. (When I asked the hotel about cheaper nearby parking, they told me there was none -- so I had to find this on my own). My bottom line: If you can get this hotel for $125 or so a night, you probably did fine. If you have to pay $200 or more, I think you may be disappointed. The Sheraton across the river looked nicer.

Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank onekbear
harding, pa.
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Stayed with my family Dec 2011. The hotel was very nice, the lobby was beautiful and the staff was very friendly. They had a shuttle available that came in very handy for us because a member of our family has some health issues. The rooms were lovely and clean but kind of small (we had ajoining rooms) the one room my parents had was even smaller than ours. Thank God my husband and I didn't get that room with our two kids. We would have killed each other. There was also no drawers (in either of our rooms) We lived out of our suitcases. The restaurant looked nice,however we didn't dine. We did however have a glass of wine at the bar and although the server was very pleasant the price of one glass of wine left us speechless. Beware of that!!! Overall it was an enjoyable stay and we will be back!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank rachael k
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 26 December 2011

This hotel is perfectly located for out-of-town travelers going to Steelers games who don't want to deal with parking near the stadium or the long lines for the Gateway Clipper. The hotel is located at Point State Park and an easy 10-15 minute walk to Heinz Field and PNC park. I always try to stay at this hotel when coming into town for Steelers games (3-4 times a season) because of the ease of getting to/from the stadium. The hotel itself is very nice and the staff is extremely friendly. The beds are quite comfortable and the room offers a desk, chair and flat panel TV. The channel selection is limited (mostly sports and national news channels) and the bathrooms do not have exhaust fans. The showers are very nice and the bathrooms also offer the travel amenities such as shampoo, conditioner, mouth wash and a shower cap. The room was very clean upon my arrival and even though I was near an elevator, it was still fairly quiet. You definitely pay a premium to stay here on game days but the convenience to the stadium is worth it. The surrounding neighborhood can be a little sketchy at night but there are a few good theaters and restaurants around that are easy to walk to as well.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo