“Good facilities; great staff”

Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown
Ranked #50 of 70 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Colorado
“Good facilities; great staff”
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Stayed just one night on business here in October 2012. Had a flight delay that caused me to arrive quite late and delayed my plans for the following day. The night deskman was most helpful and arranged for me to have a late check out extended to 1pm the following day, free of charge.

Also, I arrived without a shaving kit, and the concierge sent a runner up to my room with razors, shave cream,etc--took the runner 2 minutes from the time I called--he was out of breath but smiling, even at 1am. This kind of friendliness and exceptional service extended to the hotel's restaurant, from hostess to waiters to busboys and the brunch chef, I can't say enough about the level of service in this place--very rare in my travels to run into such a well-rounded and exceptional staff.

Facilities were clean and well-maintained. My room on the 20th floor was smallish, but intelligently-designed and made good use of the space without conflicts such as doors opening into each other. Water was very hot, pressure was great and volume too--a rare combination to find these days. Bed was very comfortable with lots of pillows. Room thermostat worked properly--also becoming a rarity in my experience. Each lamp had two outlets and wall plugs were ample, so I had no problem charging phone, computer, etc.

The one complaint I have is the main door did not seal well, and hall noise was a problem. I stuffed a towel along the bottom of the frame and that helped, but did not solve the issue.

Price was a bit high for the facilities and meals, but staff made it worthwhile.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
JHWYN, Manager at Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this review, 15 October 2012
Dear flattops, Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate that you took the time to share your detailed experience with us, and especially for your kind comments relative to the service our team provides. We will definitely double check the seal on the doors on our 20th floor and throughout, so we can make adjustments where necessary. In the meantime, should your travel plans bring you back to Pittsburgh, we hope to see you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (510)
FOREST HILLS
Reviewed 13 October 2012

My wife and I reserved a king sized bed for two nights, but when we checked in, there were no rooms with king sized beds available. The staff was very friendly and "upgraded" us to a higher floor, but we spent the two nights in a small room with two twin beds. Very disappointing in light of the high cost and the fact that we had specifically reserved a king sized bed.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family

1 Thank KURT W
Dear Kurt, Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced with not having a king bed when you arrived, and can assure you that your concern will be addressed with our team. This is not the level of service we wish to provide our guests and hope you will accept our apology. Should your travel plans bring you back to the downtown area, we hope to see you again.
COLUMBIA
Reviewed 12 October 2012

THe concierge employee was the best and friendliest of all the staff at the hotel. The night front desk clerk was not helpful not friendly.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Dear Nanette, Thank you for taking the time to share you comments. I will be sure to pass along your positive compliment, as well as your concern, to the appropriate team leaders. We appreciate that you took the time to let us know.
SAN FRANCISCO
Reviewed 11 October 2012

The hotel and access were great. However, I was very disappointed that there was no parking available. There was parking across the street, which was not too inconvenient. I had travelers that were not too mobile so that was inconvenient. The front desk did compensate me with a rate reduction, so that eased the pain. It should be noted that parking in the hotel is limited.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family

1 Thank JANET R
JHWYN, Manager at Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this review, 12 October 2012
Dear Janet, Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced with the parking when you arrived, and can assure you that we will address this concern. We appreciate that you took the time to share with us.