“Great for location”

Ranked #50 of 70 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Newmanstown
“Great for location”
Reviewed 2 September 2014

We stayed here from August 29 - August 30. This hotel is in a prime location if you are doing anything in downtown. Yes the rooms are small and not as up to date as they could be, but when you factor in the location of being only a 5 minute walk to the stadiums, it is a winner. We didn't have any trouble with parking. Arrived at 3:00pm and was immediately greeted by a valet. Check in took less than 5 minutes. The bed and bath were both clean. Lots of towels. Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
WYNPITmgmt, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this review, 17 September 2014
Dear Pam, We appreciate your helpful feedback and would welcome the opportunity to serve you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (507)
Columbus Ohio
Reviewed 2 September 2014

We got in from our long car ride to a super crammed curbside. I went to check in and there were 3 people working the front desk and one of them had a customer and the other 2 did not. The other 2 talked on the phone, did not acknowledge me or say "I will be right with you". They could not find my reservation so it took a bit longer and told me extended check out was not available when i asked for one since we got in do late. When I went to the older gentleman in charge of luggage to get a dolly he said he was busy and to go talk to the Valet outside. The Valet guy got me a dolly and helped me with my luggage until I told him I only had $1 to my name. We were by the elevator and he tried to pawn me off to the first older gentlemen who was busy. I felt like a ping ping ball. "Can you take her to her room?" The older guy said no! No eye contact or smile. I felt like a nuisance and offered to find my own room. The valet said "its his job not mine to help people with luggage, he needs to find time, I'm in charge of outside and he's in charge of inside!" He dropped me to my room and unloaded all my bags. The rooms were very small but clean. But the awful thing was you can hear everything in the hall. We heard the party people come by when the bars closed around 2:30am. It was super loud even when they tried to be quiet. But the lazy worker saga continues. In the morning, 6:30am i needed a cab. i went to the front desk, it was dead and asked where and how to get a cab. the young guy told me to go on the street and wait and hail one down. I went out there for 10 Mns., no cab passed by. Valet finally called one for me! Why didn't front desk do that? In my opinion, the luggage guy and front desk need to be fired. They have no common sense of customer service. I've been in over thousands of hotel and this one had the laziest workers. I would not stay in this hotel ever again.

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your candid feedback. We depend on the insight from our guests to help make us aware of areas we need to improve. With this information we are definitely addressing your specific concern with all involved. If you have an occasion to return to Pittsburgh, we would welcome the opportunity to serve you again.
Reviewed 1 September 2014

We stay here every other year for an event that takes place in downtown Pittsburgh because of the convenience. And every time, the shower is has mildew in it,the window isn't clear and the curtains are dirty. Those are just the things we notice. We don't spend that much time in the to notice other stuff.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

We appreciate that you chose to stay with us are are sorry that your guestroom did not meet your expectations. We are glad you provided this feedback and we can assure you our housekeeping team is taking the appropriate action on our end. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you again.
Greensburg, Indiana
Reviewed 31 August 2014

You can tell that this is an older hotel, but has been nicely updated at some point. The room was very nice, with soft comfortable beds. The staff was very helpful, and nice, even allowing us to check in early with no fee. The best part about the hotel is its location. It's an easy walk to PNC Ball Park, and Heinz Field, along with many other restaurants close by. Once I parked my car, I never had to get back in it for anything during the weekend. The state park is located right across the street and is a beautiful place to walk around at night with the fountain and everything lit up. It is 30 dollars to valet park, which is much cheaper than most big cities I have been to.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Bryan F, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this review, 6 September 2014
We appreciate your positive feedback. We value your comments and are very pleased that you were able to take advantage of many of the things our hotel offers. Thank you, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.