“Perfect for catching a early flight!”

Red Roof PLUS+ Pittsburgh South Airport
Ranked #49 of 72 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed 13 August 2011

I had to catch a 7am flight with no one to take me to the airport, and was too far away to take a taxi. Besides, Pittsburgh's notorious for its lack of taxis.

The hotel was clean, with a lot of amenities, including an in room safe. I was able to print out my boarding pass at the desk, where there was fresh coffee available 24 hours. Even better, you can park your car there for up to 10 days for free, and a shuttle takes guests to the airport on a regular basis. You just couldn't beat the price - $85 for one night, parking the car for 10 days, and free shuttle to the airport! I will definitely do this again!

Room Tip: I actually got the best price from calling the hotel directly, instead of using one of the multi-hot...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank HolidayHappy29

Reviewed 7 August 2011

I won't stay anywhere else when i do business in pittsburgh. The manager Tony Marcenelle has taken care of my organization the veterans of foreign wars, since 2009 and presently. Because of his excellence in dealing with last minute issues, bookings, and company service officers in my organization, and his excellent staff. We continue to do business with red roof inn. Thanks again for the great service. Sincerely, Jeffrey Leonetti Dept service officer veterans of foreign wars.

Room Tip: Excellent amenities, service.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2011

We stayed for three days visiting relatives and seeing Pittsburgh. As I checked out, I handed in the card assessing my visit. It pointed out that the dead spider and candy wrapper on the carpet when we arrived were never cleaned up, that the plastic cups we used were never replaced, and that the coffee maker was never cleaned. The desk attendant assured me that the housekeeper did her job correctly; Red Roof's "Go Green" initiative only vacuums and replaces cups at the request of the hotel guest. So now it is environmentally unfriendly for a housekeeper to remove a dead spider.

I also have a problem with the fee they assess for using the room safe, which can be removed from the bill only by declaring at check-out that you have not used it. Despite all this, we loved the room! For less than $70 per night, we got a very comfortable king size bed, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, local calls, convenient parking space, and 20% discount at the Denny's next door. That's just an exceptional value.

Room Tip: The $5 upgrade to a superior room (fridge and microwave) is worth it if you bring breakfast food.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2011

We stayed here for one night, as we were flying home early the next morning. Got good deal direct on Red Roof's website. If we hadn't gotten a good deal I would have checked out
right after they told us our room was on the second floor, up a flight of stairs and at the end of a very long hallway. We planned on taking the 4:30am shuttle to the airport the next morning, only to find out it was a shuttle that went to several other hotels in the area first, then last stop this hotel. That means the shuttle gets there when it has stopped everywhere else, NOT at 4:30-5am,and it maybe full. So plan ahead. The room was redone, but not the mattress or bedding. It was clean. The bathroom was almost brand new, no enclosed closet, Had a large desk, coffee maker. it is a value hotel, just be aware of some of these problems.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank champagnecamper
Reviewed 31 July 2011

i selected this hotel based on other Trip Advisor ratings; we needed somewhere reasonably priced and clean while visiting the University. It was also conveniently located for family who were meeting us there.

Quite frankly, I was disappointed.

Pros: reception staff were friendly, made us feel welcome, and went out of their way to be helpful: providing extra towels, making a photocopy of some info for me, offering restaurant suggestions. I also really appreciated the hotel's up-front info on taxes and fees. Free wi-fi was helpful in planning our activities, and being new to the area, the hotel's automatic link to local sights was appreciated.

Cons: the hotel needs a thorough vacuuming! I was shocked at the number of candy wrappers, Q-tips, etc., in the halls and on our room rug. There were tissues and a large plastic bag under the bed, not to mention dust bunnies; clearly, no one had vacuumed under the bed in a while. Shaving hair in the sink--it looked as if the sink had been wiped out, but in a hurry. Yuck!

Sheets and towels were clean, but the pillows were very lumpy; thank goodness some of my family had brought their own pillows.

This hotel was not my first choice for this trip (the other place was booked up), and I would probably not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank PF1Cooking
Reviewed 30 July 2011

My boyfriend and I live in New York, but decided to do something crazy and get tickets for U2's last show in the US on the last leg of their 360 tour. I went on here, actually, to look for a hotel for a two night stay, close enough to Heinz Field but affordable too. This definitely fit the bill! So easy to get to and from everywhere, room was clean, bathroom was too. Really friendly front desk as well. And if you go, yes, eat at Primanti's. It's worth the drive to the original location in the Strip District, about twenty minutes!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LiveWireFSB
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This Red Roof was a litle different than most in that the upper floors had an inside corridor - makes it a little quieter I think. Other than that, no suprises. Room was clean. We often stay at Red Roof when traveling with our dog because 1 pet doesn't cost any extra.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family