“Great place for a reasonable price”

Red Roof PLUS+ Pittsburgh South Airport
Ranked #49 of 71 Hotels in Pittsburgh
New York City, New York
“Great place for a reasonable price”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Went to Pittsburgh for a 1 day trip and didn't want to spend too much on a hotel. Found this little gem and decided to give it a go since the price range was reasonable. The staff was friendly and the room was clean -- we got the deluxe king room and best part they had an microwave! There's also a huge mall with plenty of restaurant choices behind the hotel so you don't have to travel far. Overall I would definitely come stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
RedRoofInnpitt, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Pittsburgh South Airport, responded to this review, 27 October 2013
Thank you very much for posting your positive review. Your comments regarding our staff and the cleanliness of your superior king are very much appreciated. I'll will surely share this with my team. We look forward to seeing you on a future visit

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed 22 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

the hotel is very nice I stay often, the beds are great and the staff is very friendly. the only thing I found is that the taxes and the price at this hotel is a bit high. I guess since they are near the airport.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I'm glad you like our bedding package. We recently had all new bedding installed. also thanks for mentioning my friendly staff. I'm very proud of my team and will certainly share this with. Thanks for staying with us and forward to seeing you on a future visit
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Hollow walls, early morning vacuuming, and a gang fight over $20 dollars for drugs combined to very little sleep. You can clearly hear whats going on in the rooms next to you and below you. I could hear someone fart and urinate. The gang fight started at 4:30 am and after we called the front desk it took them over an hour to tell them to get out. We were scared a bullet was going to come through our wall!
The rooms were not the cleanest and the front staff was not the most helpful. I asked for directions and I was told they were not familiar with Pittsburgh. I would pay a little more next time and stay in the city. Will never stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Frank12342013
RedRoofInnpitt, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Pittsburgh South Airport, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review . It is with my sincere apologies your experience resulted with police involvment. We do not tolerate this from ruly guests. These incidents are very rare but somtimes happen. Again apologies.
Ashburn, VA
Reviewed 7 October 2013

With a small baby things can get a little crazy. As I checked out I had thought my wife had gotten some ice to keep my baby's milk cold for our continued trip as you need a key to get to the ice machine. So after realizing this, I thought surely they would let my wife get some ice as we just checked out. No dice. We were told to "find the housekeeper and ask her." I couldn't quite believe my ears. How insensitive can people be these days.

The rooms were fine, not the cleanest I've seen, but fair for one night stay. Keep in mind they automatically add a fee for the safe in your room. Make sure you tell them if you did not use the safe so you can get your money credited back to you.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for posting your review.My sincere apologies for how your simple request for access the the vending room was handled.Housekeeping should of had nothing to do with your request for ice. I am a bit surprised that you experienced a non-hospitality event such as that beacause our team usally hear it expressed on the positive side. I would hope you would consider us on a future venture.
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I needed a clean budget room for a last minute short stay in Pittsburgh convenient to downtown and the airport. This location, with the newly remodeled rooms, fit the bill. The one staff person I met was friendly and helpful. The location offers no amenities (breakfast, pool, etc.), but provides a solid bed, good television, clean room, and decent linens. The location is ideal for quick on/ off freeway access, but it is in a busy commercial location. Don't expect to to hear the birds singing in the trees in the morning. The advance purchase, no refund, option can save you $10-$15. However, Red Roof has a silly $1.50 "room safe" charge which you have ask for back in a refund at check out, however.

Room Tip: Second story rooms have interior hallway access. First floor rooms have outside access.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
columbus, ohio
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We were a little unsure since we usually Hotwire a better "grade" of hotel, but with prices high in Pittsburgh we "setttled" for a two star hotel. The room was very nice--the hotel had touted beforehand about remodeled rooms and the room was nice with hardwood floors and most importantly very clean. I'm a little obsessive compulsive, so I take a good look and nothing to worry about there. One reviewer mentioned something about area being sketchy, but I'm not sure what that was about--the entire area is hotels, restaurants, a mall, gas stations, etc. Very good restaurant next door. The front desk was a little slow considering we had gone through hotwire and i was the only person being waited on. I was a little concerned about a recent reviewer who came back one night and said there was no parking (we would be coming back late from a ballgame) and when I asked the front desk I received two blank looks. For those concerned as well, we had plenty of spaces to choose from.

The only thing to remember is this is a no frills hotel. My wife commented that she was used to a hair dryer in the bathroom, so she didn't bring one and Red Roof didn't supply that, but otherwise for under $70 on a Saturday night, this hotel fit the bill. Excellent locations and also very close access to 376 for those going to Airport or back to Pittsburgh.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
amsterdam
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We have stayed for three days in this red roof inn. If you do not pay too much (>85$), it is a good stay. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. It is easy and fast to go to Pittsburgh. There is a large mall behind the inn.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple