Red Roof PLUS+ Pittsburgh South Airport
Ranked #49 of 71 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Hermitage, Pennsylvania
“Clean”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I was a little taken back with the wood floors but after a while I like the idea of a clean floor rather than old carpet. Great remodel, liked everything about the remodel. Had the A/C on all the time to drown out the noise of other tvs and music. Fast check in and out.
Con: no breakfast,

Room Tip: there are doors facing outside for the down stairs and the doors for the up stairs are inside. FYI
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
north olmsted
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I have commended the staff at the Red Roof Pittsburgh South Airport location many times for many reasons. The compliments have always been, and continue to be, richly deserved. However, the assistance and responsiveness provided by several members of that staff during my most recent visit, May 17-21, deserve special acknowledgement and gratitude. Had it not been for their efforts, I would have most likely been in a very difficult situation.

I had just begun taking a very expensive medication which requires refrigeration. I called the motel to explain the situation before going to Pittsburgh. Ava took my call and immediately reassured me. She said that, of course, I would have a room with a refrigerator and that, even if there would be some kind of problem, I could certainly put the medication in their employee refrigerator.

Rarely have I ever had a problem with anything in my room at that or any other Red Roof. But wouldn’t you know, this occasion was the exception. My refrigerator did not work properly on the first night I was there. I discovered it about 6 a.m. I went to the office and told Bill who was at the desk. He immediately went to my room to see if he could resolve the problem. When he returned to the office, he said that he would have Tony, the maintenance man, look at it as soon as he arrived. In addition, Bill brought my medication with him and put it in the employee refrigerator that Ava had mentioned.

Within a very few minutes, Tony came in. He went right to my room and reset the refrigerator. When he came back to the office, he said that, if it wasn’t cooling properly within a very short time, he would replace the unit with a new one. Fortunately the refrigerator cooled quickly and perfectly. Nevertheless, Tony kept checking it all morning just to be sure that it was working properly. Indeed it did work just fine, and I had no more concerns with it for the remainder of my visit.

Had the magnificent staff at the Red Roof Pittsburgh South Airport property not responded so promptly and eagerly, I could have had a real problem with the medication, and my insurance provider would have been extremely unhappy. I want to express my sincere appreciation and gratitude to everyone involved in resolving the dilemma. No wonder the Red Roof Pittsburgh South Airport has so many regularly returning guests. The exceptional members of the staff do everything in their power to accommodate and inspire the loyalty of their guests.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Inver Grove Heights
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Great place for us. We had a delayed flight and needed a place to stay. It was clean, newly renovated, and comfortable. Plus, provided free shuttle from airport to hotel and back. Many restaurants and shopping in walking distance.

• Stayed May 2014
RedRoofInnpitt, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Pittsburgh South Airport, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I'm glad we were able to accommodate you with your delayed flight and choosing our property to stay. There are many choices and we appreciate you mentioning your satisfaction with our location.
Canal Fulton, Ohio
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Red Roof Inns used to be an automatic choice when we traveled, but in the last few years we got away from them as they seemed to become over valued with some serious cleanliness and out dated issues. I thought we'd give it another try on a recent trip to Pittsburgh, and I'm glad we did. The king business room was huge (though the bathroom was forgivably tiny) and updated with hard floors. Price was acceptable, and we were near many places to dine. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for your review. We do our best to keep things as you mentioned the way it used to be and as we feel as the way it should be. I will share this with my team and very pleased for you to choose our location on a future stay.
Montreal
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Right when I walked in I was greeted with a warm smile and staff who went the extra mile throughout my stay. I urgently needed to have my baseball tickets printed and the staff was so friendly and welcoming in allowing me to do so right away.

The room itself was very spacious and clean and represented tremendous value for my money. I would recommend this hotel to anybody looking to stay in Pittsburgh (short 15 minute drive) or close to the airport.

Room Tip: Ask for the superior premium rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your time as well as for your recommendation. We hope you enjoyed your weekend in Pittsburgh and your time at PNC Park. I'm glad our staff was of service and will share your review with them. We will be rooting for the Toronto Blue Jays except when the Pirates are playing them. Thanks!
Newcomerstown, Ohio
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This location was excellent for shopping and dining. I booked based on price but on reflection I have not been able to determine the difference other than a safe and microwave between premium and superior. I also just read there was a snack box? Can't say we saw that on either day of staying. I'm also not sure on the "spa inspired" bathroom. Seemed like a regular motel bath/shower combo to me. That being said, the room itself was clean and romantic with the wood floor and red paint. Nothing really to complain about though the hallways did seem a little dingy with carpet and color of paint to match on the walls. Probably not the best location for a romantic getaway - I think i would choose a different hotel with pool etc. If you're looking for a nice place to stay whilst travelling, on business or with pets then this place is great value and perfect for rolling down the hill to the mall or dining at Red Lobster or similar restaurants. In closing, staff were friendly and courteous. Even the maintenance/trash man looked like he enjoyed his job.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank eXtremeBeing
East Aurora, New York
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We arrived at twilight having no reservation seeking a room for 3 for under $100 on the ground floor. Phyllis accommodated us beautifully, right down to the corkscrew we'd forgotten to pack. We found the room very clean, beds and linens comfy, and the movie selection good. Fridge and microwave a helpful bonus! We slept soundly, then checked out with the equally pleasant morning staffers before getting back on the highway. Thank you for a friendly, fun stay at your peaceful Inn.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family