“Went for the coffee in the lobby”

Omni William Penn Hotel
Ranked #6 of 71 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We did not stay in this hotel but friends took us for a coffee in the lobby. The lobby is huge and absolutely gorgeous with beautiful chandelier and furniture. There's a starbucks corner but you are allowed to take your coffee in the lobby too.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ekaterina K
There are newer reviews for Omni William Penn Hotel

Reviewed 16 May 2014

The hotel is beautiful, but what really stands out about this hotel is the service. We had a few drinks at the Tap Room as well as the bar facing the lobby. The bartenders at both establishments were among the most friendly and wecolming people I came across while staying in Pittsburgh. My spouse and I mystery shop luxury hotels and restaurants as a hobby, so (perhaps unfortunately for us) we've come to have very high standards in regards to service. Your bar staff was very knowledgeable about the food and drinks offered, nearby points of interest, and the Omni brand. Each one personalized our experience and kept a neat and efficiently run bar. They are huge assets to the Omni William Penn and are a primary factor in why I would recommend this hotel to a friend or stay there again myself. Great stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stayed at the Omni this past weekend while attending the Pirates/ Cardinals series. The hotel is quite luxurious and our room was very clean. You will have to pay for internet in your room but this did not bother us. There is both valet and self parking; the parking garage is very near to the hotel so I would suggest parking your car yourself. The hotel is near all the restaurants and shopping in the downtown area. It was only a 15/20 minute walk to PNC Park and you felt quite safe walking at night. It was only a $10 cab ride to the University of Pittsburgh area if you needed to go there. Overall, a very positive experience and I would definitely stay here again when I visit Pittsburgh.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Let me start by saying the hotel is an older hotel. The lobby is absolutely gorgeous. The rooms are nice but the toilets in teh room have very little water pressure. I found myself praying a few times that the paper would go down.

As far as cleanliness, the lobby is very well maintained. The room appeared clean when we arrived, however I spilled some coffee on the sheets our first morning and the sheets were not changed (in fairness, I did not put the card on the bed to change the sheets, but I thought a big coffee stain would have prompted that). My big complaint was that the hallway always had a weird smell on our floor. Sort of a cross between sour and skunk. It could just be that it was due to this being an old hotel.

The hotel is in a good location. I did get frustrated the first morning there. I had left for 30 minutes with the car, and when I got back into downtown, discovered ALL of the streets around the hotel were closed for an MS walk. I drove around aimlessly in a strange city trying to figure out how to get back to my party. 45 minutes later, I finally got to the garage. While it is not the hotel's fault that there was an MS walk, it would have been nice if notices had been given out to inform guests to expect major street closings.

Parking is also an issue. We were there mostly over the weekend, so we self parked for $5/day (no in/out priveleges). The downside was Monday morning when hourly rates went into effect at 6am, and valets started parking cars wherever they could find a spot, which meant they blocked everyone in. It took a good 30 minutes to get out of the garage because of that. If you are there on a weekday, spring for valet parking and save yourself a headache.

My husband did order a pizza through room service which was quite good. The gym, was quite impressive for a hotel facility. All in all, it was a nice stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni William Penn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback. It is disappointing that we did not notice the coffee stain and change the sheets accordingly. We will remind our Room Attendants going forward. We also missed the mark with regard to the charity walk and regret the inconvenience you endured. We appreciate you taking time to share your experience and will look forward to having another opportunity to be of service.

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

All around the hotel gives a grand appeal and has a good location, but the shower in our room only had one temperature, very very hot. The tub would change accordingly, but it made for a difficult morning. All and all, I enjoyed my stay, but don't expect anything free. Parking, internet, and breakfast were all things that called for a pretty penny.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2014

While staying at the hotel I enjoyed every moment of my experience from the moment I stepped into the hotel until the moment I left. The Omni William Pen is a luxurious hotel with friendly and fast service. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed at the hotel over a Pirates home series weekend and had a fantastic time. The location of the hotel is in the heart of downtown and within walking distance or a quick cab ride any where in the city. There are usually cabs parked in front of the hotel but cabs are very hard to find around the city in general. Remember to download some sort of car service app on your phone such as Uber.

We booked through Hotwire and could not have been happier. We were given a free upgrade to a king size room/bed and treated incredible at all points during out trip. They obviously have a customer service way of life at this hotel, so nice!! The hotel itself was super clean and amazingly beautiful.

We did not get a chance to try the restaurant but I did have a few beer at the bar which is a great little spot. The bartender was very talkative and did his best to keep your glass full at all times.

We will be back again......100%!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple