“Love this hotel!”

Ranked #5 of 68 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Columbus, Ohio
“Love this hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

The formal, old style of this hotel is stunning! The rooms are luxuriously appointed and ours had a beautiful view of the historic architecture of downtown Pittsburgh. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We hope to stay here many more times.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BiltmoreGirl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
  • Turkish first
Tampa, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

I recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Pittsburg. Historic and luxury feel for great value. Walking distance from everything. Staff is top-notch. Multiple in hotel locations for food and drink, even a breakfast bagel place.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Matthew F
Devon, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

We had a fabulous stay at the William Penn. The lobby is Grand, the rooms large and extremely comfortable (my husband did not want to get out of the comfy bed) and the food excellent. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful, especially the lobby greeters. It is a perfect location for a visit to Pittsburgh; we could easily walk to PNC park for the Pirates game. The breakfast buffet was excellent.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

2 Thank buryhunt
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Weekend trip with 4 adults, 2 toddlers and 2 babies.

First off the hotel itself is perfectly located for sight seeing and has amazing lobby.

The staff was friendly and tried to be helpful but too many things were off to give it a five star rating. I may be picky but they added up to impact our experience. They include:
-not having adjoining rooms despite being booked on one reservation
-concierge that couldn't help us get tickets to an attraction (he said do it yourself) and told us to use gps to find our way to a different attraction
-room temperature originally set at 60
-a staff member telling off one of the toddlers for running around

Tip: save money by self parking in the lot in front of the hotel

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Alexander N
Omaha, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Best business stay I've had, anywhere, ever. Fabulous update of a historic property. Best Ruben I ever had in the Tap Room. Motion sensing LEDs in the end tables ensure that you can see where you are walking if you have to get up during the night.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Rex J
Upstate NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

I recently stayed at the Omni William Penn for work. The hotel itself is absolutely beautiful. I expected more from the rooms, however. I was shocked to have to pay for internet-- it's 2014, free wifi is expected! My room was tiny and looked right out into another room, so I had to keep the drapes pulled at all times. The staff was great, as well as the breakfast that was included in our room price. AMAZING BREAKFAST BUFFET!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor and away from the elevators! My room was right next to an elevator...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank FrequentFlaneur
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

This was my first trip to Pittsburgh. If I ever visit again, I'll definitely stay at the Omni William Penn! Gorgeous hotel and excellent service. The front desk was extremely helpful. When checking in, they changed my room from two double beds to a single queen upon learning I was by myself. I ended up tucked away in a corner room, far away from the elevator. It made for a relaxing and quiet five-night stay (room 944)

I ate at all the restaurants - the food and service was terrific at each of them. My only complaint is about the high tea. I'd never return for high tea. Ever! The staff knows nothing about tea. My server said he doesn't even drink tea. For $25, staff should know the proportions of tea to water for each type of tea (green, black, herbal). My small teapot was filled with half tea leaves and half water. It wasn't drinkable. I could've had better tasting tea at Starbucks across the lobby. My scone was also raw dough in the middle and I had to send it back for one that was thoroughly baked. The location also left a lot to be desired. It was noisy, being in a high traffic area. And a woman at a nearby table was on her phone during my entire visit, in her workout gear and with her feet up on the chair at her table. Not the sophisticated or upscale experience I expected with high tea.

FYI to my server - it's "strawberry preserves," not "strawberry preservatives." :)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo