“Pittsburgh, a surprising city”
Review of Pittsburgh

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Zanesville,OH
33 helpful votes
“Pittsburgh, a surprising city”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

Pittsburgh is a city with many interesting attributes. There are great museums, including the Andy Warhol. The city has three major sports teams. The Steelers and the pirates play in relatively new venues. And the hockey team is one of the best. What I like most about the city is its setting. Two rivers converge to form the Ohio River. At that point there is a display of one of the best US skylines. You can view this skyline from another unique attribute, the two inclines which scale Mt. Washington. It is also a city of neighborhoods and 22 bridges. There are the usual restaurants and attractions. The traffic can be a bit confusing at times. All in all a nice place to spend a few days.

4 Thank lledford
Portland, Oregon
5 helpful votes
“A Time Warp to the early 80's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2011

I had been to Pittsburgh once before about 18 years ago and had always wanted to return to explore it. I finally did that in April 2011 and had such a lovely time that if not for cold winters, I would want to move there. We walked and used public transit to get around.and explore the many unique neighborhoods In comparison to other rust belt cities that have suffered with declining populations, Pittsburgh was a real charmer, easy to get around and felt very safe.
The people of Pittsburgh were friendlier than most cities I have been, the food was great, the spirit of the city and their love of their sport teams was evident everywhere. I felt like I had been transported back to 1982, I loved being able to smoke in some of the bars, most of which were friendly neighborhood bars. My favorite things were the public stairways throughout the city, the small streets and alleys, the constant rumble of trains and the sounds of cheers from PNC Park. Loved the bridges, the inclines, the neighborhoods and the people. I wish I could have stayed longer.

1 Thank HelloFromOregon
Mount Joy, PA
2 helpful votes
“Really liked the city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2010

We recently visited the city of Pittsburgh and had a GREAT time. Traveling around the city was a bit confusing, but not difficult. We got to experience several parts of the city like Downtown, The Strip District, & The South Side. Each part was clean and felt very safe. We visited both the Carnegie Science Center as well as the Children's Museum and thoroughly enjoyed them both. We also discovered that both museums give discount admissions to PA Access card holders, which we were thrilled to take advantage of. We also visited the Duquesne Incline, which was a very fun experience. Our first night in town we ate at Lidia's and it was AMAZING. I strongly recommend it to anyone. The 2nd night we had a Primanti Brothers sandwich, which we enjoyed for the novelty but wouldn't visit again. All in all, we enjoyed the scenery of the city with all of the yellow bridges, the cleanliness, & all of the great activities! We'll definitely be back!

Long Beach, California
4 helpful votes
“Good cultural experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2010

This was my first trip to Pittsburgh and I really enjoyed it. I primarily went for the Andy Warhol Museum, but ended up finding so much more. The Carnegie Museums were great, as well as the Cathedral of Learning and Nationality Rooms. I HIGHLY recommend taking a 90 minute excursion out to Falling Water, the Frank Lloyd house. It is well worth the trip and ended up being the highlight of my vacation! A word of caution to travelers.....if you plan to use public transportation, try and acquire maps and info before you go. Port authority not all that helpful.

1 Thank laclaygirl
Pittsburgh, PA
“Loving Pittsburgh!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2010

Pittsburgh is by far, one of the most enjoyable parts of Pennsylvania. Not only are they "Green" but, there are restaurants of every price range and quality, plenty of culture and tons to do! There are museums around every corner and the shopping can't be beat. If you ever get a chance to visit western PA make sure to stop by!

Been to Pittsburgh? Share your experiences!