“Good, Basic room w/Fridge, Micro and WiFi”

Knights Inn - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre/Pittston
Knights Inn - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre/Pittston
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Pittston
Milford, CT
“Good, Basic room w/Fridge, Micro and WiFi”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2011

We have relatives in the area and stay here often. Good, clean, comfortable rooms. Some rooms in the back area are close to highway, and so you may here truck noise at night; but our rooms have always been away from road. Only complaint is the mediocre breakfast of coffee, watery "juice" and donuts. Need to add bagels to the offering. Thankfully there's a McDonalds and Perkins well within walking distance.

Room Tip: Non-smoking doubles are quietest rooms
  • Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Beacon, NY and San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2010

I have a friend in the area and have been staying at the Knights Inn when I visit because of the price. The place is in decent shape and is a good value for the money. It's a friendly place. Everything works as advertised. The rooms have a strong floral order that I don't like (carpet fresh?) but you get that at Marriott for a lot more money. I've spotted the odd cobweb here and there, but nothing scary. I don't think you can do better for the price.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
New Orleans
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2009

I needed a place near the airport as I had a VERY early flight and found this place on the internet. At first I was like...utt-oh! but as soon as I appoached the front desk I knew everything would be fine. I work for a world-wide chain of luxury hotels and stay in them often but I found this place to be clean, adaquate, friendly and for me...FUN. It reminded me of when I was a kid and traveling with my family. A "Motor-Lodge" where you park your car in front of your door.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
dingmans Ferry
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2009

We booked a King size Bed in advance.We were given confirmation # . get there and guess what our room had already been given to someone else.They only had standard Double and gave us %10 off..Wow..Breakfast is Dunkin Donuts and Coffee..Room had Cig ashes on bathroom floor and Spiderweb with said spider living on the side of the sink.Very noisy..Right on Highway.Thin Walls..I was mainly Po'd because they gave us a King reservation and then didn't come through...Last minute trip to stay over and Gamble at the casino..So I can't complain too much but we will never saty at Knights Inn again....Had a great time though thanx to the company I was with...Wink Wink

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Pittston hotels

Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2008

If it weren't for the rancid flavor of my morning juice, I might not have looked into the cup to see the little fly. This motel is an old style one story building just off the major highway going south toward Maryland. I had my doubts about staying there and almost drove past. Its quirky color combo made me wonder if it was just a seedy no-tell motel, but the price was right ,I thought, and the desk clerk assuaged my apprehension. The room was surprisingly clean and neat. The bathroom had been updated and the TV worked just fine. Except for the neighbors in the next room prancing to and fro across the wooden floor at midnight, it was quiet and the bed was firm enough to be on the new side. So,the shower curtain said "Knights Inn". It's one way to keep the price at $40. My only complaint (besides the bug flavored juice) is that the clerk gave me a double room and charged me for it ostensibly because there were no singles left. The place looked pretty empty to me. A little break would have made it just a bit better, but all in all it was a good place to get the much needed rest I needed.

• Liked — Good Bed-Clean Room
  • Disliked — Price Structure Unclear
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
Kingston, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2008

We have stayed at this motel several times over the past 7-8 years. Last fall we noticed it was a little run down. This year we had to pay $15 more for a non smoking room. the room smelled of smoke and was very dirty. The wirless internet was not working and each person we asked about it we got a different answer- obvious they did;t care- We will never return as we found a higher class motel a few miles from here - for the same money.

Stayed March 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2008

We stayed at this motel because everything else in the area was booked. My room was not cleaned well at all and there were spiders in the room. Also, my toilet got clogged and when we called the front desk for assistance we were told to come over and pick up the plunger to take care of it ourselves. Virtually impossible to file a customer complaint with these people. We will never stay here again.

• Stayed February 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittston
Comfort Inn Pittston - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Airport
#11 of 20 in Wilkes-Barre
Days Inn Wilkes Barre
Days Inn Wilkes Barre
#15 of 20 in Wilkes-Barre

Been to Knights Inn - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre/Pittston? Share your experiences!