“DON'T EXPECT MUCH”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Pittston
Jonesboro, Arkansas
“DON'T EXPECT MUCH”
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I booked my reservation at Knights Inn through a major travel company. I was originally booked at another area hotel, but after reading the reviews for it when my flight was delayed, I called and asked to be rebooked because of very poor reviews. I almost wish I would have taken my chances. i was accomodated very well by the travel assistant, was told how sorry they were for helping book me in a poor choice and how I would be much happier at the Knights Inn. I was assured that this property was operated by Windham (nice plus) and was very well reviewed. Now, I was in an airport with poor free wifi so I wasnt able to verify this, and I was trying to find accomodation at a fairly eco-rate, but I was ASSURED this was a better choice for 3 star hotels in this area. WRONG. I arrived to discover that it was definately NOT operated by Windham, is probably more than 40 years old and poorly run. Dilapidated furnishings, leaking roof, soiled linens, burn hole in comforter and a hair (not mine), a LONG DARK HAIR on my pillow when I laid down. I have stayed in worse, but certainly not in a worse 3 star reccomended by a national travel company to boot. DONT stay here if you are expecting much. If you want a seedy little hangout that should simply charge by the hour, then go for it. I won't see you there.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Ottawa
Reviewed 10 August 2011

I booked here after searching the internet for cheap accommodations while I was taking a road trip to a friends house. The checkin process was quick and the lady that checked me in gave me all of the hotel details while waiting to get my key. Mistakenly I booked a smoking room and forgot to change this upon check-in. The room did have a slightly smokey smell, but this didn't bother me and as it was late I just dealt with it.
The room was dated and basic in nature, but clean and very comfortable. The tv worked well, as did the fridge and air conditioning unit (actually it worked too well and I had to turn it down when I woke up).
This is not the Hilton, but it certainly is clean, comfortable and I would have no hesitation about staying here again. There are a lot of trades people and travellers that stay here so there is a lot of activity in the parking lot early in the morning and if you are a light sleeper you may be woken.

Considering that after tax the room came to $49.00 - I certainly can't complain.
Wi-Fi and a doughnut/coffee continental breakfast is included so this is a great addition that I wasn't expecting.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank WFGlenn
Decatur, Illinois
Reviewed 9 August 2011

We were on our way from Illinois to Maine and just needed a place to stop over for a few hours. I am very happy we found this Knights Inn. It cost $39 dollars for 2 doubles and they even gave me a 10% military discount. On top of all that, our 2 dogs stayed with us for no extra charge. Overall, it was a bit run down, but it was kept very clean and the woman at the desk was very nice. I plan to stop here every year on our trek to Maine.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Milford, CT
Reviewed 13 April 2011

We have relatives in the area and stay here often. Good, clean, comfortable rooms. Some rooms in the back area are close to highway, and so you may here truck noise at night; but our rooms have always been away from road. Only complaint is the mediocre breakfast of coffee, watery "juice" and donuts. Need to add bagels to the offering. Thankfully there's a McDonalds and Perkins well within walking distance.

Room Tip: Non-smoking doubles are quietest rooms
  • Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Beacon, NY and San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
Reviewed 20 June 2010

I have a friend in the area and have been staying at the Knights Inn when I visit because of the price. The place is in decent shape and is a good value for the money. It's a friendly place. Everything works as advertised. The rooms have a strong floral order that I don't like (carpet fresh?) but you get that at Marriott for a lot more money. I've spotted the odd cobweb here and there, but nothing scary. I don't think you can do better for the price.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
New Orleans
Reviewed 10 August 2009

I needed a place near the airport as I had a VERY early flight and found this place on the internet. At first I was like...utt-oh! but as soon as I appoached the front desk I knew everything would be fine. I work for a world-wide chain of luxury hotels and stay in them often but I found this place to be clean, adaquate, friendly and for me...FUN. It reminded me of when I was a kid and traveling with my family. A "Motor-Lodge" where you park your car in front of your door.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
dingmans Ferry
Reviewed 17 May 2009

We booked a King size Bed in advance.We were given confirmation # . get there and guess what our room had already been given to someone else.They only had standard Double and gave us %10 off..Wow..Breakfast is Dunkin Donuts and Coffee..Room had Cig ashes on bathroom floor and Spiderweb with said spider living on the side of the sink.Very noisy..Right on Highway.Thin Walls..I was mainly Po'd because they gave us a King reservation and then didn't come through...Last minute trip to stay over and Gamble at the casino..So I can't complain too much but we will never saty at Knights Inn again....Had a great time though thanx to the company I was with...Wink Wink

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Pittston hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittston
Comfort Inn Pittston - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Airport
#11 of 20 in Wilkes-Barre
Days Inn Wilkes Barre
Days Inn Wilkes Barre
#15 of 20 in Wilkes-Barre

Been to Knights Inn - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre/Pittston? Share your experiences!