“Clean & Nice”

Knights Inn - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre/Pittston
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Pittston
“Clean & Nice”
Reviewed 30 June 2012 via mobile

Great, clean room for the price. Staying overnight Paid $51 during a holiday.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank paulawyatt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Somers, New York
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Listed as a hotel, we discovered it was a motel. Given 4 stars, it was enticing. Having requested a non-smoking room, the room wreaked of smoke. Listed as having breakfast, this constitued a coffee pot and donuts in the motel office lobby. Both visually unappealing, and manifesting a decidedly condescending staff.
Giving it two stars, is a gift.

Room Tip: Get lucky, as we didn't get to see rooms prior to our arrival.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Pittston hotels

Merrimack, New Hampshire
Reviewed 3 May 2012

After a number of dismal budget motels, it was a pleasant surprise to find Knights Inn, Scranton.
CLEAN THROUGHOUT, the first motel in quite awhile where house keeping cleaned the entire bathroom (especially corners), fresh smell, clean carpet, bright crisp sheets, and absolutely no dust. All this plus the standard amenities: courteous, friendly and knowledgeable front desk, continental breakfast, Ice Machine (a disappearing amenity in some budget motels), list of restaurant deliveries in the lobby. All in all, management/owner does take pride in their motel. For an over nighter or short term stay, you can't find much better in a budget motel.

Room Tip: If in doubt, ask to see the room first.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jim F
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 December 2011

I used to travel from the Philadelphia area to Scranton just about every weekend. I found the rooms to be clean and the people to be very pleasant and helpful. You're not booking a room at the Hilton, but for the price it is a very good deal.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank krich1
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 22 October 2011

I only recommend this place if you are on the road and need to sleep for one night. Smells weird.

Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank yabolek
Pittston, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 October 2011

I was recently flooded in West Pittston. When EVERY other hotel in the area RAISED their prices, the owner of this hotel gave us very reasonable rates, and we stayed for over three weeks. The staff at the Knight's Inn could NOT have been any nicer, or helpful. My son lost every game and toy that he had in the flood, and one of the hotel staff actually brought in a video game system for my son! The room was clean, and though the hotel received alot of business, it was a safe environment to allow our kids to walk outside. There was always staff around to assist you. They allow pets FREE of charge, which no other hotel in the area did. The rooms are small, but you are very close to food and gas, and the highway. I will always use this small hotel for future needs. And not only did they help us, they had other flood victims in their rooms they were helping also. They were trying to save rooms for flood victims in the days after the flood. We couldnt recommend this hotel more. Thank you Knights Inn!!!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Vikki W
Jonesboro, Arkansas
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I booked my reservation at Knights Inn through a major travel company. I was originally booked at another area hotel, but after reading the reviews for it when my flight was delayed, I called and asked to be rebooked because of very poor reviews. I almost wish I would have taken my chances. i was accomodated very well by the travel assistant, was told how sorry they were for helping book me in a poor choice and how I would be much happier at the Knights Inn. I was assured that this property was operated by Windham (nice plus) and was very well reviewed. Now, I was in an airport with poor free wifi so I wasnt able to verify this, and I was trying to find accomodation at a fairly eco-rate, but I was ASSURED this was a better choice for 3 star hotels in this area. WRONG. I arrived to discover that it was definately NOT operated by Windham, is probably more than 40 years old and poorly run. Dilapidated furnishings, leaking roof, soiled linens, burn hole in comforter and a hair (not mine), a LONG DARK HAIR on my pillow when I laid down. I have stayed in worse, but certainly not in a worse 3 star reccomended by a national travel company to boot. DONT stay here if you are expecting much. If you want a seedy little hangout that should simply charge by the hour, then go for it. I won't see you there.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittston
Comfort Inn Pittston - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Airport
#14 of 20 in Wilkes-Barre
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#4 of 10 in Scranton

Been to Knights Inn - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre/Pittston? Share your experiences!