“Affordable, good place to stay”

Knights Inn - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre/Pittston
Knights Inn - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre/Pittston
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Pittston
Reviewed 30 November 2012

We had to stay here long term. THey are a pet friendly place, the room is very clean and the housekeeping staff, while not English speaking, are very friendly. They couldn't be more helpful at the desk. WHile there aren't the amenities like shampoo and such, it is a clean place to stay and the price is a great value.

Room Tip: It is near a highway but I had no trouble sleepping, we were located in the middle area.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 November 2012

We stopped here on our way to NYC. The amazing lady, Ruby, at the front desk was warm and welcoming. The room was clean and the price was more than reasonable. Usually, you get what you pay for. Here, we got more than we'd expected and we were pleasantly surprised. :-)

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Elissa S
Reviewed 22 October 2012

No shampoo, no Kleenix, and lots of road noise throughout the night (I-81 and the PA turnpike connect near the motel). Coming from the south we had to go about a mile beyond the motel and make a U-turn to get to the motel. Breakfast was minimal: orange-flavored juice, coffee, and very nice donuts, no milk or cereal. A McDonald's and a Perkins are located less than a block away on the same side of the highway in case the motel breakfast is not adequate. However, only $40 plus tax (for two seniors) makes it all worthwhile.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2012

We had a long day of driving, found this hotel in coupon book we picked up at Information Welcome Center when entering the state. Looked up reviews and they were great. I would like to know who wrote them, I'll bet staff and not travelers. Even though we smoke I asked for a no smoking room with King Bed. I was told the only king bed they had was in a smoking room, but that they had put some kind of smoke cleaning machine in room and people who had stayed night before had no problem with it. I checked out room first, stunk to high heaven! When I said I would take room with smaller bed I was told could not use coupon, it was only good for king room, which as I pointed out to clerk was not stated this way on coupon. She insisted We left, she was very rude this was on the evening of 10/1/12 if management cares about there customer service.

Room Tip: Always check reviews, never make reservations, unless absolutely necessary for and event, because as...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 August 2012

It was my pleasure to stay at the Knights Inn in Pittston while visiting the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area for a few days. The room was clean and everything worked: the cable TV, the air conditioning, etc. My only criticism was that you noticed an odor when entering the room: not cigarette nor mildew - I think it is the cleaning chemicals housekeeping uses. The room was basic, nothing posh or luxurious - the furniture was 'budget motel furniture' - but it was well lit with several light sources and the bathroom was spotless and featured fluffy towels. The mattress was better than many hotels I stayed in, it was a Serta Perfect Sleeper. When paying less than $40 a night (and that includes all taxes!) one would be skeptical, but at this place you get more than your money's worth.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 August 2012

What a wonderful little motel this is! The front desk staff was friendly, the rooms were immaculate, the beds comfortable, the small refrigerator in the room worked well. We got a great price, too, for two couples travelling together. It's located on a highway "strip", but the traffic noise was non-existent in our room, and we could walk to a choice of fast food restaurants. We will remember this one!

Room Tip: Not all rooms have refrigerators, but we got two adjoining rooms, and one did have the frig.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Knights Inn in Pittston is located convenient to both the PA Turnpike and I-81. It is a a renewed single-level motel facility in which one drives right up to one's room (my favored kind of place). My reservation was quickly accessed and I was easily checked in courteous front desk staff (who also asked if I needed any information about the motel or the area). The room, a non-smoking 2 double-bed room had no hint of prior smoking and no overwhelming room freshener oder either. Just clean smelling. It was roomy, clean, and well laid-out.

A good size table and two chairs (amazing to me how many motel rooms now only have 1 chair) with good lighting and ample power outlets. A responsive and quiet A/C unit. A well-functioning small frig and microwave. Two double beds which were surprisingly supportive.

The bath facilities were spotless, and they were laid out as I like them -- bath and commode in a separate chamber and then the sink outside -- so one person does not hog all the bath facilities for just one function.

All of this for $45 a night, and since Knights Inn is part of the Wyndham chain I get my AMTRAK miles as well.

In the morning there were donuts (Ah, America) available had I want that for breakfast, but also freshly brewed coffee and available tea options.

Nearby were nearly all the dining options I could want, and within a ten minute drive nearly every strip mall and major retailer one could desire.

I will be making this a regular stop on my north-south travels. In the morning, ready to go, it was only a 1 minute trip to an entrance ramp onto I-81 south.

Room Tip: If you want to upgrade, Jacuzzi room are available.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank RevRandy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittston
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Wilkes Barre
Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center
Mohegan Sun Pocono
Mohegan Sun Pocono
#6 of 21 in Wilkes-Barre

Been to Knights Inn - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre/Pittston? Share your experiences!