“You get what you pay for...”

Knights Inn - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre/Pittston
Knights Inn - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre/Pittston
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Pittston
Annapolis, Maryland
“You get what you pay for...”
Reviewed 21 March 2013

I was looking for a room that was convenient to get on and off the highway and was reasonably priced. This hotel is not an easy on and easy off. Going a mile out of the way in order to make a U-Turn and double back to the hotel was annoying. You get what you pay for in terms of amenities and customer service. There is only a bed and a old school TV with 10 channels. There is no shampoo, Kleenex, or soap and I would bring your own pillow if want to sleep on something other then a sheet of paper. The breakfast was very disappointing. And the front desk staff was not friendly. During my check out the woman was too busy talking on her cell phone and when I asked for a receipt she acted like I was asking for an unreasonable request.

Room Tip: I would choose a hotel at a different exit on I-81 where you can easily get on and off.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carly S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Scranton
Reviewed 30 November 2012

We had to stay here long term. THey are a pet friendly place, the room is very clean and the housekeeping staff, while not English speaking, are very friendly. They couldn't be more helpful at the desk. WHile there aren't the amenities like shampoo and such, it is a clean place to stay and the price is a great value.

Room Tip: It is near a highway but I had no trouble sleepping, we were located in the middle area.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 November 2012

We stopped here on our way to NYC. The amazing lady, Ruby, at the front desk was warm and welcoming. The room was clean and the price was more than reasonable. Usually, you get what you pay for. Here, we got more than we'd expected and we were pleasantly surprised. :-)

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Catonsville
Reviewed 22 October 2012

No shampoo, no Kleenix, and lots of road noise throughout the night (I-81 and the PA turnpike connect near the motel). Coming from the south we had to go about a mile beyond the motel and make a U-turn to get to the motel. Breakfast was minimal: orange-flavored juice, coffee, and very nice donuts, no milk or cereal. A McDonald's and a Perkins are located less than a block away on the same side of the highway in case the motel breakfast is not adequate. However, only $40 plus tax (for two seniors) makes it all worthwhile.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Kemp, Texas
Reviewed 16 October 2012

We had a long day of driving, found this hotel in coupon book we picked up at Information Welcome Center when entering the state. Looked up reviews and they were great. I would like to know who wrote them, I'll bet staff and not travelers. Even though we smoke I asked for a no smoking room with King Bed. I was told the only king bed they had was in a smoking room, but that they had put some kind of smoke cleaning machine in room and people who had stayed night before had no problem with it. I checked out room first, stunk to high heaven! When I said I would take room with smaller bed I was told could not use coupon, it was only good for king room, which as I pointed out to clerk was not stated this way on coupon. She insisted We left, she was very rude this was on the evening of 10/1/12 if management cares about there customer service.

Room Tip: Always check reviews, never make reservations, unless absolutely necessary for and event, because as...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Pittston hotels

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 August 2012

It was my pleasure to stay at the Knights Inn in Pittston while visiting the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area for a few days. The room was clean and everything worked: the cable TV, the air conditioning, etc. My only criticism was that you noticed an odor when entering the room: not cigarette nor mildew - I think it is the cleaning chemicals housekeeping uses. The room was basic, nothing posh or luxurious - the furniture was 'budget motel furniture' - but it was well lit with several light sources and the bathroom was spotless and featured fluffy towels. The mattress was better than many hotels I stayed in, it was a Serta Perfect Sleeper. When paying less than $40 a night (and that includes all taxes!) one would be skeptical, but at this place you get more than your money's worth.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Maine
Reviewed 14 August 2012

What a wonderful little motel this is! The front desk staff was friendly, the rooms were immaculate, the beds comfortable, the small refrigerator in the room worked well. We got a great price, too, for two couples travelling together. It's located on a highway "strip", but the traffic noise was non-existent in our room, and we could walk to a choice of fast food restaurants. We will remember this one!

Room Tip: Not all rooms have refrigerators, but we got two adjoining rooms, and one did have the frig.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittston
Comfort Inn Pittston - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Airport
Holiday Inn Wilkes Barre East Mountain
Days Inn Wilkes Barre
Days Inn Wilkes Barre
#14 of 20 in Wilkes-Barre

Been to Knights Inn - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre/Pittston? Share your experiences!