“Not worth the $57.00”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Pittston
dingmans Ferry
“Not worth the $57.00”
Reviewed 17 May 2009

We booked a King size Bed in advance.We were given confirmation # . get there and guess what our room had already been given to someone else.They only had standard Double and gave us %10 off..Wow..Breakfast is Dunkin Donuts and Coffee..Room had Cig ashes on bathroom floor and Spiderweb with said spider living on the side of the sink.Very noisy..Right on Highway.Thin Walls..I was mainly Po'd because they gave us a King reservation and then didn't come through...Last minute trip to stay over and Gamble at the casino..So I can't complain too much but we will never saty at Knights Inn again....Had a great time though thanx to the company I was with...Wink Wink

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 August 2008

If it weren't for the rancid flavor of my morning juice, I might not have looked into the cup to see the little fly. This motel is an old style one story building just off the major highway going south toward Maryland. I had my doubts about staying there and almost drove past. Its quirky color combo made me wonder if it was just a seedy no-tell motel, but the price was right ,I thought, and the desk clerk assuaged my apprehension. The room was surprisingly clean and neat. The bathroom had been updated and the TV worked just fine. Except for the neighbors in the next room prancing to and fro across the wooden floor at midnight, it was quiet and the bed was firm enough to be on the new side. So,the shower curtain said "Knights Inn". It's one way to keep the price at $40. My only complaint (besides the bug flavored juice) is that the clerk gave me a double room and charged me for it ostensibly because there were no singles left. The place looked pretty empty to me. A little break would have made it just a bit better, but all in all it was a good place to get the much needed rest I needed.

• Liked — Good Bed-Clean Room
  • Disliked — Price Structure Unclear
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled solo
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed 8 April 2008

We have stayed at this motel several times over the past 7-8 years. Last fall we noticed it was a little run down. This year we had to pay $15 more for a non smoking room. the room smelled of smoke and was very dirty. The wirless internet was not working and each person we asked about it we got a different answer- obvious they did;t care- We will never return as we found a higher class motel a few miles from here - for the same money.

Stayed March 2008

Travellers are raving about these Pittston hotels

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 February 2008

We stayed at this motel because everything else in the area was booked. My room was not cleaned well at all and there were spiders in the room. Also, my toilet got clogged and when we called the front desk for assistance we were told to come over and pick up the plunger to take care of it ourselves. Virtually impossible to file a customer complaint with these people. We will never stay here again.

• Stayed February 2008, travelled with family
Plymouth, Minnesota
Reviewed 12 October 2007

I had to find a room near the Scranton airport that was cheap, yet safe. This room cost $60.00 with taxes included. The room wasn't fancy, no alarm clock, no little bottle of shampoo. I did hear a fair amount of highway noise, but for me I'm used to that noise so it wasn't to bad. The room was fairly clean. The staff was polite. I booked the hotel through a website we use at work and requested a room with a king bed, and that it be a non-smoking room. They told me they booked me in a room with a king bed, but that it was a smoking room because they ran out of non-smoking rooms with king beds. They were able to give me a non-smoking room when I asked for one though. The size of the bed wasn't that big of a concern. There are a few places to eat (Subway, McDonald's, Perkins, etc.) right near the hotel. Overall not bad.

• Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank rm688
new york
Reviewed 9 October 2007

I stay for three days. very nice and clean place to stay & great price in the area.

• Liked — fiest floor roomes
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank michelNewYork
New Jersey, USA
Reviewed 5 August 2007

We are a budget conscious family of four. We were in town for a family event.

Knights Inn Pittston is centrally located between Scranton and Wilkes Barre. It is a 5 minute straight drive to Mohegan Sun Casino and within 10 minutes to Wilkes and Kings College. It is just a few minutes to Montage Ski resort.

Sharon at the front desk was exceptionally friendly! The motel is very basic but offers a decent bed, good a/c and heat, a great shower and bathroom for the price. They had some fresh donuts and coffee in the morning too.

For us, we liked the hotel for the price. There is absolutely nothing fancy but being just off the highway in a safe & quiet place was key. The hotel does have some highway noise but is really well insulated from it when the door is closed.

• Liked — Great location for the price
  • Disliked — The accomodations are very basic
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank familyoffourNJ
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittston
Comfort Inn Pittston - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Airport
#4 of 10 in Scranton
Days Inn Wilkes Barre
Days Inn Wilkes Barre
#14 of 20 in Wilkes-Barre

Been to Knights Inn - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre/Pittston? Share your experiences!