Holiday Inn Express Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Airport
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Pittston
Reviewed 5 August 2011

I booked this hotel expecting... I don't know... but got some pretty cool stuff out of it. First, the room is huge. Second, this hotel shares a parking lot with an incredibly good restaurant (and they'll deliver it to you if you find yourself lazy from a long day of work). The location was way out of the way of everything though, and you can easily get lost if you're not paying attention. There was a hold up at the reception that took nearly twenty minutes to deal with but in all fairness, I don't think people come in trying to used fake credit cards all the time. (long story). I went to the restaurant across the way, brought it back to my room and hung out the whole rest of the night while it rained outside. It was cozy. I liked it a lot and it felt more like an apartment than a hotel room. No complaints here... well, the location...

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 July 2011

I've stayed at World Class resort(Breakers at Palm Beach), Atlantis at Bahama,
Westin at Grand Bahama, Coco La Palm at Jamaica, Sheraton at Crystal City and for over all value, I was very impressed with this hotel! Especially the personal touch with the home baked cookies at the check in area...warm and fuzzy!
Clean room, Clean shower, tad small, but YOU are not going to vacation to STAY inside the hotel..right?
Beds were comfortable, and rooms had everything you need, and to top it all off, they had pretty good FREE Breakfast buffet...Okay, it is NOT the 5 star buffet..but THEY ARE FREE!
The receptionist, I think her name was Emma, was truly helpful, ask her where to get a good food and she'll be your guide!
Will definitely go back if needs arise!

Reviewed 25 July 2011

From the moment I walked into my room red flag. There was a strange smell coming from the bathroom. There was mold on the shower curtain and shower wall. There was also mold in the basket that contained the coffee and tea, disgusting. We were in adjoining rooms I immediately went to the other room where there was mold on the shower curtain and bath mat. I called the front desk right away, they said that they would pass my complaint on. The curtains were changed the next day. I told them not to replace the basket. They said they would take 20% off the bill. I had three rooms totaling $1200.00. They took off $23.00.??? What!!! That was the first time staying a holiday Inn Express... I was surprised. Stay away...

Reviewed 16 July 2011

As we arrived 10:30PM at the hotel it took the receptionist 10 minutes to get off the phone and offer us help. the receptionist was very unpatient, rude and snappy. The only rooms that she had left working size smoking rooms.We decided to take a look of the room and see how bad it is. The room seemed to be clean but do differently could smell the cigarettes (we checked the many hotels in the area that night and most of the more fully booked) so we decided to take this room This point we represented to them coupon that offered us a discount of $30.00 She claimed that she is fully booked and cannot accept any coupons We insisted, so she called her boss that told her to call the police, we were never asked to leave the premises . After arguing with the big lady receptionis we decide to leave and find the hotel elsewhere

Most importantly Watch out from this hotel and their owners they are dishonest

1  Thank BrucePW
Reviewed 10 July 2011

We ended up being stuck in Scranton without a hotel; the Holiday Inn restored our faith!!!
We received an excellent price for a double bed room and the entire hotel exceeded our expectations. The room was VERY nice, clean and a good size for 2 adults and 1 child (5 yrs old). The outdoor pool was great for a dip to cool off. My only negative comment would be the breakfast in the morning - it was 20-30mins before it was suppose to close and the older women was beginning to put things away. I asked about her getting more milk and I swear she was not going to put more out until I made a little comment. It was good tasting as they have a pancake machine, but again the women was not quick on refilling things. I'm going to say she probably was having a bad day, yup, I'm going with that. Otherwise, it's close enough to drive to restaurants, shopping, etc. A great location if you ask me.

Reviewed 17 June 2011

We are priority club members and use HI whenever we are on the road. Thus, we have some experience and can compare services across the chain. The Scranton HI surpassed all others for service. There was a plate of cookies at check-in and we were given a welcome bag as club members. The host called around to help us locate something we were looking for. He suggested dinner at the restaurant next door (which was very pleasant and convenient).

Room Tip: Use a hotel discount to get good rates.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2011

I stayed with a friend for only one night. I booked through Hotwire, and upon check-in realized I was only booked for a room with one queen bed. I asked if it was possible to get an upgrade and the receptionist was very pleasant and immediately booked it for me (I think!) without any additional charge. (I wasn't told there would be an extra charge, anyway, yet...) It was quite a savings using Hotwire. The room was beautiful, clean, well-appointed, fairly roomy, and quiet. I had no complaints at all. The view was of the roof and some construction debris, but we weren't there for the view, just a pleasant place to stay, which was achieved. We didn't get to check out the pool or the free breakfast (both of which we were looking forward to!!) but I do plan to stay there again and will do so!

It was also simple to find, had easy access to the interstate, and if I had used the hotel as a jump-off place to go to the casino this would have been a great choice.

Room Tip: Try using Hotwire for a significant savings.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittston
Comfort Inn Pittston - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Airport
Holiday Inn Wilkes Barre East Mountain
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Wilkes Barre
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#4 of 10 in Scranton
Holiday Inn Express Wilkes Barre East
SpringHill Suites Scranton Wilkes-Barre

Been to Holiday Inn Express Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Airport? Share your experiences!