“Excellent all around”

Holiday Inn Express Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Airport
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Pittston
Reviewed 22 February 2008

This is the hotel that I went to after I checked out of the one in Wilkes-Barre. Here are the facts about them.

1) Very very nice, clean hotel.
2) As friendly as any staff I have ever met
3) Cookies at the front desk were delicious.
4) Hotel ordered Pizza for guests on account of bad weather

It isn't as convenient of a location, though there is an excellent Italian restaurant and some fast food close-by. Its very close to the airport.

All around, excellent value. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Airport

Reviewed 20 January 2008

My experience started with trying to book my reservation. Holiday Inn must have farmed their 1-800 number out to a foreign country to handle its calls. I was unable to communicate regarding the layout of the suites to see if it could accomodate two couples. When I called back I did get a person who spoke decent English and was able to make the reservation. When I called back to make changes I was once again unsure if my reservation changes were handled properly. When we arrived at the hotel everything was correct but I don't like the uncertainty when booking for a large group and we were arriving later in the day. The desk staff were very accomodating and the cookies were a welcome snack after a long drive. Our suite was large but dated. The wall by the phone in the bedroom had obviously had red wine spilled on it and it was stained. The woodwork around the room was scratched and chipped. The bathtub grout was discolored. Also the hotel sits right on the I-81 so the traffic noise was very disturbing while trying to sleep. The staff was helpful with directions and the breakfast was adequate. If I ever stayed there again I would request a room away from the highway.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2007

Nice, new, clean and friendly. The hotel is within walking distance of the airport. The location is a bit desolate, but I was very pleased with my stay. Desk staff was friendly; my key was ready. We stayed in a room with king-size bed and sleep sofa (which we did not use). The bed was not the most comfortable I've encountered, but it was fine. I liked that the duvet was covered with clean sheets, and not one of those icky bedspreads. There was a quiet mini-fridge and microwave in the room, plus coffee pot. The room and bathroom (with granite sink top) were both roomy and very clean. There wasn't much noise. The complimentary continental breakfast just off the lobby was surpisingly varied, including pastries, muffins, bagels, cereals, and warm cinnamon buns. We arrived close to the end of breakfast time, and food was still being replenished and the area was kept tidy. I'll stay again.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 14 August 2007

Very Clean, I love the fact that they put a clean sheet on top of the bedspread, you never know whats on top of those things..
The staff was great, very very nice,
the rooms are clean, great cookies too.:)
and love the fact that we got shuttled to airport.
I will be staying again in Nov.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2007

We had 2 rooms for college graduation, a suite and regular room with two beds. Although they were booked solid, the staff were quick to make sure we had everything we needed - extra sheets, pillows, etc.
The suite was very spacious, with one room that could be closed off, with its own separate TV. It was great for us traveling with a senior citizen who needed some privacy and quiet away from the kids.
Everything was clean and well kept up. This was our second stay, and
I would recommend this hotel to my friends.

Stayed: May 2007
Reviewed 25 March 2007

We chose this hotel because it was a reasonable distance to drive in one day from our home in Ontario, it had long-term parking and bus service was available from Scranton to New York City, our destination for embarkation on a Caribbean cruise.

I would rate the hotel highly for the comfort and cleanliness of the room, and for the quality of its continental breakfast; as well, the price to stay overnight and leave our car for 11 days was very moderate in our opinion. We felt very comfortable with the security of the long-term parking area.

A big plus was the outstanding friendliness and professionalism of all staff who we encountered. As we were about to drive away on our return, one of the front desk clerks (who we had met when we stayed overnight at the start of our holiday) came out to our car to ask how we had enjoyed our cruise!

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mignonette-7
Reviewed 2 June 2006

I had terrible toothache while at this hotel and needed to find a dentist. Being a foreigner I did not know how these things work in the USA (and being from England, the local language is often confusing!). But the girls at the front desk could not have been more helpful - especially Charlene. They found me a dentist and kept inquiring after my dental health and state of mind (the latter having been elevated by a gin and tonic or two).

The hotel itself is pretty average. Holiday Inn Express usually lacks the pizzazz of Wingate Inn, say, or Country Inn & Suites or even La Quinta, and it is not my chain of choice. But thanks to the ladies of this Holiday Inn Express for service beyond the call of mere duty.

• Stayed: May 2006
1  Thank UKPeripatetic
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittston
Comfort Inn Pittston - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Airport
Holiday Inn Wilkes Barre East Mountain
Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#4 of 10 in Scranton
Courtyard Scranton Wilkes-Barre
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Wilkes Barre

Been to Holiday Inn Express Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Airport? Share your experiences!