“Never been to the old Bar On Oak, but the new one gets an excellent rating from me”
Review of The New Bar on Oak

The New Bar on Oak
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I occasionally travel to Wyoming Valley to visit family and friends -- I'm a '67 Plains Hi grad. Wherever I travel I like to find somewhere to line dance. So, before my latest visit I inquired on Tripadvisor where in the Valley I might find a good line dance bar. Tripadvisor Taprice pointed me to Bar On Oak in Pittston. I went last night. There was no line dancing -- that's Wednesday night so I'm too late for that. So I ordered something to eat. To my pleasant surprise the food was outstanding. I ordered Pasta Fagioli with a side of Bruschetta. Wow, is all I can say. I live in Treasure Island Florida where we have great restaurants on every corner. After devouring the perfectly toasted Bruschetta with a light dusting of parmesan, fresh tomato and garlic I rate Bar On Oak excellent.

And, for an extra treat, when the DJ kicked in Chrissy indulged my desire for line dance and joined me on the floor for a Cotton Eyed Joe, Cuban Shuffle and Electric Slide. Too cool. Thanks for the tip Tripadvisor.