“Never Again”

Baltimore House
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Seafood
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Had dinner last night here. They were offering all you can eat crab legs or prime rib for 23.95. I am not a fan of seafood, but my husband loves crab legs so I agreed to go. I figured I would have the prime rib. That was a huge mistake. I understand that at an all you can eat meal, maybe you wouldnt get the best prime rib. It was lousy! It came out looking grey, no juice on the plate and bone dry. My daughter asked for an end cut medium rare and that came out also looking grey(not appetizing at all) and it was cold!!! We told the waitress who too it back and then brought it out even more grey!!!! I am thinking it was put in the microwave. Our salads tasted like they had sat in the fridge for days and picked up some strange taste. My husband ordered mashed sweet potatoes as his side and he said he wasnt sure what they tasted like, but it was not sweet potatoes. The smell of smoke from the downstairs bar was also rather unpleasant. My husband did say the crab legs weren't bad and that is the only reason why this place got a poor rating, rather than a terrible one.

4  Thank Lisa K

Reviewed 8 November 2012 via mobile

Where else can u get maryland blue crabs in pittsburgh? No where besides the Baltimore house. They only carry them about 5months out of a years but they are huge and a good price 30 for a dozen we use to go one a week. Now that the crabs are outta season we go in for the all you can eat snow crab legs and shrimp 25 dollars you can't beat that deal

1  Thank nikkisheets
Reviewed 8 August 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stopped this evening for a dinner.. The menu looked good and the price seemed reasonable. I atmosphere was nice but still had a lingering cigarette odor to the place.. Ordered a bottle of cab. After almost 10 minutes the waiter came back and said they were our of red wine, but had a cabif we wanted it. Not sure how the trained waiters, but if you order a red wine offering a white wine as a substitute is unacceptable. They had ten red wines on their wine lilt and they had none. Needless to say we went elsewhere for dinner.

2  Thank Jim D
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We’ve come to Pittsburgh every year for the National BMX race and have always made it ritual to stay at a hotel close to the Baltimore House. When we first went a couple years ago, we were very impressed with the food, the service and the overall atmosphere. This past weekend proved to be quite the shocker as Baltimore House has become a shadow of what it used to be.

The service was poor, the food was ok and the place was dead. I don’t know what happened, but Baltimore House is in need of a serious makeover. It is really a shame to see this restaurant become what it has.

1  Thank ljones29
Reviewed 13 May 2011

Went to Baltimore House for happy hour. Had great specials on sushi, got the Pleasant Roll and the Spicy Tuna, both were very tasty and nicely presented. Drink specials were strong and cheap, just the combo you want. While i'm somewhat reserving judgment of the restaurant until I eat more than just the sushi, my first happy hour experience was really good and I look forward to trying it again.

1  Thank tjmoney44